Barclay Aviator Red Card

nickelfish1

Level 2 Member
Got an email this morning to register now for 50% bonus on my current USAir and the new red card from March 1st through June 30th. Anyone know how this will work if I'm already registered for the 15,000 bonus for spending $500 for three months (ends end of April) and earning 1.5 miles for whatever that lastest promo was. Can I earn all three bonuses?

swazzie

Level 2 Member
The terms for the 50% bonus offer below state that it isn't combinable with other promos, but you should be able to earn both the 50% and 15K mile bonuses since there times when only one promo is valid:

Offer is valid for select cardmembers and is not transferable. Qualified cardmembers who register by June 30, 2015, will earn a 50% bonus on the miles they earned on purchases with their card between March 1, 2015, and June 30, 2015 (the promotional period) up to a maximum of 10,000 miles. Bonus miles will not apply to miles earned from other promotions during this period. To be eligible for this offer, the cardmember's account must be open, active and in good standing throughout the entire promotional period and they must have registered for this promotion by June 30, 2015. Purchases made during periods when your account is delinquent, or your account is otherwise not in good standing as defined in your Cardmember Agreement do not qualify for this offer. Your bonus miles will appear on your statement 6-8 weeks after the end of the promotion.

Just do your spending for the 50% promo during May and June. I don't know about the 1.5 bonus miles offer but it may be possible to earn that one, too.

stellar

Level 2 Member
Did you guys get an unexpected deposit of miles recently? My Aviator account is showing 5000 miles deposited recently.

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
Are you at the end of a year with an AA card? Some, (I think one of mine) have credits at the end of the year for miles spent.

phantasmic

Level 2 Member
i have had this card only for 6 months. however, i just figured out what mine is. i had a spend bonus promo on the card for 2x grocery/gas spend up to $8k. I have spent $6197 on grocery/gas so far since that promo was put on. hmm i guess maybe it's over already and i just got my bonus points? i really need to keep track of these things better. it must have been through may 31st. Edit: it was 90 days from accepting the offer.

Last edited:

stellar

Level 2 Member
Oh, right! Thanks for the reminder. I had a 'spend 1k by May and earn 5000 points' retention offer. That's what it is!

i have had this card only for 6 months. however, i just figured out what mine is. i had a spend bonus promo on the card for 2x grocery/gas spend up to $8k. I have spent $6197 on grocery/gas so far since that promo was put on. hmm i guess maybe it's over already and i just got my bonus points? i really need to keep track of these things better. it must have been through may 31st. Edit: it was 90 days from accepting the offer.

jlhuang

I have 6197 more miles showing than what I have spent for this statement so far. Not sure why.
You might have unknowingly opted in for the 1.5x on every day spend. They're offering 50% bonus miles on purchases (up to 10k miles) until the end of June I think .. :)

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
You might have unknowingly opted in for the 1.5x on every day spend. They're offering 50% bonus miles on purchases (up to 10k miles) until the end of June I think .. :)
That wouldn't account for it...the extra miles won't show up till the end of the promotion.

smittytabb

Staff member
For me they can be found in my Barclaycard Aviator account. Looks like they won't hit the AA account until my statement closes in a month.

nickelfish1

Level 2 Member
Just got a weird bonus posted.
AVIATOR MC EVERYDAY PURCHASES 8,886
AVIATOR MC SPEND BONUS 8,886
AVIATOR MC ANNIVERSARY MILES 8,886

Isn't the anniversary bonus supposed to be 10k per year? I can't figure out why I'm getting the same 8,886 for each line item. Anyone else?
Had I known I was going to get a bonus equal to what I spent I would have put all my spending on the card :)

FindAWay

Level 2 Member
Just got a weird bonus posted.
AVIATOR MC EVERYDAY PURCHASES 8,886
AVIATOR MC SPEND BONUS 8,886
AVIATOR MC ANNIVERSARY MILES 8,886

Isn't the anniversary bonus supposed to be 10k per year? I can't figure out why I'm getting the same 8,886 for each line item. Anyone else?
Had I known I was going to get a bonus equal to what I spent I would have put all my spending on the card :)
I just had a similar experience. It is not near my anniversary (January...and I got my 10k earlier this year); so, I think there is some glitch where the 50% bonus promotion is really a 200% bonus promotion!!

FindAWay

Level 2 Member
I just had a similar experience. It is not near my anniversary (January...and I got my 10k earlier this year); so, I think there is some glitch where the 50% bonus promotion is really a 200% bonus promotion!!
And, today, my account had 3 matching debits zeroing out those points! Oh well, no windfall here.