Barclay Arrival+ Credit Line Move

James from BNA

VR Jacket Guy
I've been cycling my Arrival at 2-3x CL/month for 2 months and decided to try for a CL move. Here were my CL's before the call-

Frontier-$4000
Arrival-$18000
Travelocity-$2300
Choice-$5000
Hawaiian-$4000

Called 866-558-1107, took all cards down to $1000 and the Arrival is now at $29,300. New higher CL was available 5 minutes later. No hard pull yet.

Easy process, no push back from the CSR.

Annie H.

Egalatarian
I've been cycling my Arrival at 2-3x CL/month for 2 months and decided to try for a CL move. Here were my CL's before the call-

Frontier-$4000
Arrival-$18000
Travelocity-$2300
Choice-$5000
Hawaiian-$4000

Called 866-558-1107, took all cards down to $1000 and the Arrival is now at $29,300. New higher CL was available 5 minutes later. No hard pull yet.

Easy process, no push back from the CSR.
Thanks, only have US Air but getting ready to do this so I appreciate the information.I had thought in the past I was told that there would be a hard pull. Did you specifically asked if it required one?

ACL

Level 2 Member
I spoke with a rep of Barcays yesterday trying to move CL to my A+ and should told me the cards had to be "the exact same" card to do that... why are phone reps so clueless sometimes? I mean, I used to work in a call center too...

Paul

Level 2 Member
I spoke with a rep of Barcays yesterday trying to move CL to my A+ and should told me the cards had to be "the exact same" card to do that... why are phone reps so clueless sometimes? I mean, I used to work in a call center too...
I was told the same thing by their front line CSRs. Obviously seriously misinformed.

You want to get to their Credit Department and they can do all the CL moves you wish - just ask to be transferred.

I took an old no-fee NFL card down to $300 CL since it helps my ave age of credit (off topic, but whatever happened to that nice signup bonus they had on that card? Would give you $500 or something for tiny min spend). I also had a Hawaiian card that I had cancelled 6 months earlier (when it was handled by BoA) but when Barclays took over they sent me a new card and had a $15K CL. Never used it and cancelled the Hawaiian (again, lol) and transferred both CLs to my A+. Ended up with $45K CL.

Reactions: ACL

Paul

Level 2 Member
And impressive CL ;) Can I have some?
Funny thing is the first card I got from Barclays (NFL) was my lowest ever CL - $2.8K. I thought it was a typo missing a digit...they told me that's all the CL were "comfortable" giving me. I involuntarily laughed when the CSR told me that. Still remember that convo - was a bit of a twilight zone moment.

FWIW, having high CL on Barclays isn't as great as it sounds. They still give me grief when trying to do $20K transactions (from the same place for the same amount on repeated basis - heck, think they'd blow a server if I tried $45K). So what's the point of a higher CL if you still have to call to buy something? That's why I like Amex so much - none of the same nonsense - you can comfortably exceed your CL and they will still approve things.

ACL

Level 2 Member
Funny thing is the first card I got from Barclays (NFL) was my lowest ever CL - $2.8K. I thought it was a typo missing a digit...they told me that's all the CL were "comfortable" giving me. I involuntarily laughed when the CSR told me that. Still remember that convo - was a bit of a twilight zone moment.

FWIW, having high CL on Barclays isn't as great as it sounds. They still give me grief when trying to do $20K transactions (from the same place for the same amount on repeated basis - heck, think they'd blow a server if I tried $45K). So what's the point of a higher CL if you still have to call to buy something? That's why I like Amex so much - none of the same nonsense - you can comfortably exceed your CL and they will still approve things.
Hmm good point, but I find it hard to complain about Barclays too much. Overall they're quite nice and seem to have (halfway) competent staff.