Barclay AAdvantage Aviator targeted retention offer: 2x points

liasaun1

Level 2 Member
I just called Barclay to see about waiving my annual fee. They waived my fee & offered me 2x points for 90 days on gas, groceries, and utilities.

Has anyone else got this offer? I'm wondering what I can classify under utilities.... specifically AT&T and Verizon bills. Anyone have any information on that? I should have asked on the phone but I hung up before it occurred to me :p

SOC 787

Flight Club
this is a pretty common marketing offer they usually send out once or twice per year. atleast the last yr or 2 as they were losing USAir.

anyways usually the bonus points are upto 2500 miles. is that the offer you got or by any chance some new, unlimited one?

DanT

Level 2 Member
When does your AF come due? My wife got the 45000 point offer($2500 month for 6 months). I got nothing but her AF comes due in Feb mine comes due next August. Last year I got one around the time of my AF and I got one this year as well.

liasaun1

Level 2 Member
When does your AF come due? My wife got the 45000 point offer($2500 month for 6 months). I got nothing but her AF comes due in Feb mine comes due next August. Last year I got one around the time of my AF and I got one this year as well.
Mine came due this month, for January.

this is a pretty common marketing offer they usually send out once or twice per year. atleast the last yr or 2 as they were losing USAir.

anyways usually the bonus points are upto 2500 miles. is that the offer you got or by any chance some new, unlimited one?
I don't think it's unlimited, I think it was something like 8k miles.

nickelfish1

Level 2 Member
Called today as my AF posted on my Avaitor.
They credited my AF and gave me 5k bonus points for any retail purchase within the next month. Then, I asked if there were any offer on hubs card and she waived his AF (not due til Feb) and gave him 2500 bonus pts up to 8k for grocery, utilities and gas purchases.

Panache

Level 2 Member
I just got the AF waived, but no extra offers. I did however, hit the card pretty hard in the 1.5x period earlier this year. Have not received any targeted offers in my inbox/mail, either.

SO who has put less spending on the card received some targeted offer in the mail for 2x on restaurants and gas, I believe up to 2500 miles. I guess from what I've read these offers are more likely to pop up if you've sock-drawered the card for a while.