Barcelona Advice

nickelfish1

Level 2 Member
Any opinions on which neighborhood is most convienent? Looking to do Airbnb for a week. If there is a home you used please share!

May end up renting a car to day trip down/up the coast. Any recommendations within an hour or so drive that would of interest with two 16 year olds?

Thanks!

VDebs

Level 2 Member
Anything within the city center is good for walking to different attractions. The Metro system is pretty decent, but not as good as the Madrid system, so you won't always be able to get around using it. There's minimal violent crime so don't worry about "dangerous neighborhoods". Though there is a lot of petty crime, especially directed at tourists. The nieghborhood around Camp Neu is pretty nice and you can usually get last minute barca tickets if that's of interest and soccer is in season.

Day tripping is great along the coast, there are some pretty interesting castles and plenty of quaint beach towns with great paella. I would recommend the Salvador Dali museum in Figueres if your kids are into art or stuff that is odd and"trippy". It's an hour thirty minute drive north, just past Girona. You may want to spend a day in Valencia city if you can. It's a much longer drive, but totally worth it.

KevLe

I stayed here last year: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/216699

Francesco was a great host and he left us with a bottle of wine as a welcoming gift. There are great restaurants and a local market that's not touristy but you're walking distance to La Rambla. Having gone to Barcelona 3 times, staying at the W twice before, this Airbnb was a better experience bc you're actually in the middle of the action. The W was REALLY NICE, don't get me wrong. It's just too far away so you had to cab it or take the bus.

This airbnb is walking distance to the metro, which makes everything so much better. Hope this helps.

nickelfish1

Level 2 Member
I just checked out the listing. It's unfortunate that it's only one bedroom...we're traveling with our two teenagers. However, thank you because at least now I know which neigborhood I can zero in on.

overclocked92

Level 2 Member
Check the listing linked below. Stay here in December. A very nice apartment about 4 blocks from the Block of Discord and Metro station that has train going to Airport. Has 2 bedrooms, 1 with a double or queen and one with 2 singles. Stayed here with wife and two teenagers and it worked out well.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/3074287