Bank of America Alaska Airlines - Still Churnable?

Craig

Level 2 Member
I have had 4 AK cards (3 personal, 1 business) in the past 15 months. I applied for a 5th and was declined. Closed 3 of the accounts and kept 1 personal open, then reapplied today, about 2 months after the denial. Was instantly approved for $3200. Will call to see about increasing the credit line to $5k to qualify for the Visa Signature version once the card arrives; I had to do this with 2 previous accounts, and though it took a while and a few phone calls, did end up with the 25,000 miles and companion pass on each.

TravelDean

Say NO to road trips
Where can I find the link to the AS 25K application with $100 credit? Sorry I have searched the forum but don't see it.

GetawaysRus

Level 2 Member
I've got a large annual payment coming up for my insurance policy (home, auto, umbrella). So I'm tempted to sign up for a new credit card or two. My insurance company allows me to make online payments using a credit card.

I last canceled a B of A Alaska Business card in 2016. So I should be able to reapply and be eligible for the sign-up bonus (30K Alaska miles for 1K spend).

Under the T&Cs, I came across this language: Bank of America may issue an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 (or other appropriate form) to you or your company that reflects the value of such reward. Please consult your tax advisor, as neither Bank of America, its affiliates, nor their employees, provide tax advice.

I have read that Chase and AmEx are sending out 1099s for points earned from referral bonuses: https://onemileatatime.com/chase-referral-1099/

My question: has anyone who signed up for a B of A Alaska card (personal or business) in 2018 gotten a 1099 for the sign-up bonus? Is B of A enforcing this provision and sending out 1099s? I'm hoping for replies from people who got a new Alaska credit card in 2018.