Baltimore/DC

Jung Lee

How many takers do we have for a hobby meetup on Thursday, October 15, 6pm, at Jail Break in Laurel, MD?

reno

Level 2 Member
Just moved back to DC and very interested to meet some local enthusiasts. Sadly out of town for work on the 15th. 22nd would be much better.

Jung Lee

Ok, let's have an unofficial sign up sheet.

Please reply/copy from this post and place your name on the date when you would like to meet up:

October 15 - Jung, Suzie +1

October 22 - Jung, Reno

Jung Lee

Ok, here's the updated list.

Please reply/copy from this post and place your name on the date when you would like to meet up:

October 15 - Jung, Suzie +1, MarcusBWI

October 22 - Jung, Reno, Marcus BWI

Suzie

Level 2 Member
Ok, here's the updated list.

October 15 - Jung, Suzie +1, MarcusBWI

October 22 - Jung, Reno, Marcus BWI

Was a date decided?

Jung Lee

Was a date decided?
No decision on date, was hoping to see a clear winner for one of the dates but there is none. And I was hoping for more interest. Maybe I need to schedule out further to have better participation. Thoughts?

Suzie

Level 2 Member
No decision on date, was hoping to see a clear winner for one of the dates but there is none. And I was hoping for more interest. Maybe I need to schedule out further to have better participation. Thoughts?
I guess wait to see if anyone else can/wants to join us and make the decision? Give it a few more days.

Jung Lee

Suzie, not looking good. Maybe a meetup in November might be better. Gives people more time to check out their schedules and hopefully more people to be aware of the meetup.

Suzie

Level 2 Member
Suzie, not looking good. Maybe a meetup in November might be better. Gives people more time to check out their schedules and hopefully more people to be aware of the meetup.
No problem. Thank you for trying to organize!

tmount

Administrator
So, Circling back here - I can make either Thursday - not sure how long I'll be able to stay though, so I'll update:

October 15 - Jung, Suzie +1, MarcusBWI, Tmount + 1

October 22 - Jung, Reno, Marcus BWI, Tmount + 1

tmount

Administrator
Otherwise could try for sometime in Nov... but, we look to have a handful of folks...

Jung Lee

apologies to Reno, but I think that this Thursday, October 15 at 6pm works best. We have a tentative list of six. Let's meet at Jailbreak in Laurel. Below is their address. If you won't be there on time, no worries, we'll be hanging out and talking hobby stuff. Hope to see everyone there.

Suite F, 9445 Washington Blvd N, Laurel, MD 20723
(443) 345-9699

Jung Lee

Dang it!! Last minute schedule change. I have a commitment this Thursday. let's push it back to next Thursday, October 22.

mastermind85

Level 2 Member
Hey all! I live in NoVa and would love to come but it would be a mighty long/expensive Uber ride that I would like to avoid if possible. Does anyone live near NoVa or even DC that I can possibly carpool with? Would appreciate it!

Jung Lee

I think I would like to push back the meetup to November. I haven't heard any chatter and would rather have more than less. Sorry if you were planning/looking forward to tonight.

tmount

Administrator
I think I would like to push back the meetup to November. I haven't heard any chatter and would rather have more than less. Sorry if you were planning/looking forward to tonight.
Got the message late. I'm here at least til 6:15-6:30 if anyone is coming.

tmount

Administrator
Hey all, how about we shoot for Thursday Nov 12 at 5;30pm at Jailbreak Brewing Company in Laurel, MD?

As an alternative we could do a weekend, but I figure folks have travel and/or family obligations on the weekend.

Who's in?

Jung Lee

I'm in.

Here's the details of the location.

Jail Break
Suite F, 9445 Washington Blvd N, Laurel, MD 20723
(443) 345-9699

Skywardbd

Level 2 Member
Definitely interested, but can't confirm yet. Jay and I are in the process of planning a trip to see family in PA and may be able to incorporate this into plans. Should know in a few days.
(If it works, probably can't be there before 6:00p with the traffic from the airport.....)

SH1

Level 2 Member
Interested, but it's a hike after work only to return to DC. Might be able to make it by... 7?

tmount

Administrator
Interested, but it's a hike after work only to return to DC. Might be able to make it by... 7?
I'm anticipating we start around 6 (or earlier), I doubt folks will bail after only an hour... just my feeling. We'd love to have you!

Suzie

Level 2 Member
Hoping to - will have just returned from Hong Kong so if not too jet lagged. It's an hour 20 minutes for me and +1 can't make so I'll be driving solo.

tmount

Administrator
Hoping to - will have just returned from Hong Kong so if not too jet lagged. It's an hour 20 minutes for me and +1 can't make so I'll be driving solo.
We will keep our fingers crossed! We can do something closer to you next time, if you have a recommendation -- my one request is, if we can stay off the Beltway.... ICC I'm cool with... lol.

Jung Lee

would be great to hear your story(ies) about Hong Kong. Always great to hear war stories.

I have a friend who will be attending who will just have returned from a trip up north in Churchill, Manitoba, Canada. That should be a fun story to hear as well.

Looking forward to the meetup.

Jung Lee

would be great to hear your story(ies) about Hong Kong. Always great to hear war stories.

I have a friend who will be attending who will just have returned from a trip up north in Churchill, Manitoba, Canada. That should be a fun story to hear as well.

Looking forward to the meetup.
Ugh. Some big organized event at jailbreak tonight. Will be hard to find anyone in this group. If anyone else is here I am wearing a black under armor long sleeve shirt. Please say hi. I won't know who you are.

SayainStar

Level 2 Member
Ugh. Some big organized event at jailbreak tonight. Will be hard to find anyone in this group. If anyone else is here I am wearing a black under armor long sleeve shirt. Please say hi. I won't know who you are.
I was there but left. I got there around 6:15 but didn't see this blog post. I was walking around to find someone talking travel talk rather than computer stuff, but couldn't hear much. I'd love to try again with a group if possible?

Suzie

Level 2 Member
Sorry I missed it. My clock is still on the going to bed at 9:00 pm and waking at 3:00 am. I would have been a zombie.

Jung Lee

I was there but left. I got there around 6:15 but didn't see this blog post. I was walking around to find someone talking travel talk rather than computer stuff, but couldn't hear much. I'd love to try again with a group if possible?
we can certainly try again. Trevor and I are local and we do not get tired of talking/learning more about miles and points. we'll arrange something at least on a quarterly basis.

and we'll also leave more details just in case there's another huge group/event at the same time. Trevor was kind enough to call ahead and reserve a table for our group.