Baltimore/DC

f0xx

Level 2 Ninja
Nice venue option. Especially since it's easily accessible by Metro.

I'll probably be able to attend the next meet up.

Kim @Savy.Traveler

Level 2 Member
Last call for rsvp; right now I have eight, including myself and:
@InstinctX-yes
@MilesJunkie-yes; will arrive early
@ctbarron-yes; 6:00
@milesaway733-yes; 6:30
@TheCandiedKeynes - tentative; if so, around 6:30
Mster- from MFSpend; yes
ibleedOrange - from MFSpend; yes

Unless I hear from others, I'll give an estimate to the bar of 6-8 people. It seems like MileJunkie will be there first, so he may want to have some way to signal others prior to 6pm. If the bar doesn't give us our own space, I'll bring my Cubs baseball cap for the table, so you can identify the group.

MilesJunkie

Level 1.66 Member
Last call for rsvp; right now I have eight, including myself and:
@InstinctX-yes
@MilesJunkie-yes; will arrive early
@ctbarron-yes; 6:00
@milesaway733-yes; 6:30
@TheCandiedKeynes - tentative; if so, around 6:30
Mster- from MFSpend; yes
ibleedOrange - from MFSpend; yes

Unless I hear from others, I'll give an estimate to the bar of 6-8 people. It seems like MileJunkie will be there first, so he may want to have some way to signal others prior to 6pm. If the bar doesn't give us our own space, I'll bring my Cubs baseball cap for the table, so you can identify the group.
Sounds good Kim!

I'll try to remember to wear my Redskins cap to easily identify myself. See y'all tomorrow!

MilesJunkie

Level 1.66 Member
I'm here at Highline RxR. Where's everyone??? :p LOLZ

Sitting straight back of bar on bench tables near windows.

Last edited:

mster

Level 2 Member

fulthrust7

Level 2 Member
When are we doing a baltimore meetup? I can't ever make it to DC in time. I live near columbia/BWI so if you DCers want to come half way up for a change, I can actually join. Let me know who would be interested. We can wait a few weeks since you all just met.

MarcusBWI

Level 2 Member
Hey Saverocity crew,

Anybody from the area planning on going to the Chicago Seminars? I just booked my tickets, and it'd be fun to meet up with people there!

Jung Lee

Any thoughts on future gatherings in the DC/Baltimore areas? I see several folks here who are in the same area, Laurel/Columbia/Ellicott City. Arundel Mills? Columbia? or maybe @tmount 's favorite, JailBreak in Laurel.

Hope to hear from the local folks about possible future meetups.

Jung Lee

awesome, so far we have four with interest. And yes, it will definitely be on the B'more side of DC. Probably one of the locations that I mentioned earlier. Hopefully there will be some more interest and we can put something on the calendar.

Is anyone planning on attending an upcoming seminar? I will be at Family Travel for Real Life on October 24th. I know that the annual Chicago Seminars are the week before, Oct 16 -18. I have attended a couple of those. They are great gatherings.

ENOTTY

Totally down with a meetup around here, especially since I'm in the central MD part of town. (I do love the awesome Jailbreak beers.) Although probably not this weekend with the hurricane bearing down on us all... :p

MarcusBWI

Level 2 Member
I'd be interested as well. I'm in downtown DC but I'll totally drive to meet you fun people. (He says, really just hoping it's at a brewery so he can drink more beer)

tmount

Administrator
How about 22 October at Jailbreak? Should have a good food truck, which I think starts at 5pm.

Suzie

Level 2 Member
How about 22 October at Jailbreak? Should have a good food truck, which I think starts at 5pm.
I leave for Nepal/India trip that day. I will have to catch the next one. Thank you for planning. Sorry to miss it.

Jung Lee

How about the week before, October 15? we can meet at 6p and will allow people to come and go as they please through the evening.

Jung Lee

If you're coming to FT4RL, I have dinners booked for Friday (adults only) and Saturday (families welcome). Will send an email with details in a week or so. (BTW, there are three tix left if you're still thinking about it: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/family-travel-for-real-life-tickets-16108877085)
hi Dia, don't know if you remember my friend Tina from last year's FT4RL conference, but we'll both be attending later this month. we'll see you there.

Where are you going for dinner on Saturday? I was thinking of going to Gary Leff's favorite place, Elephant Jumps for dinner since it's nearby.

Thanks.

tmount

Administrator
How about the week before, October 15? we can meet at 6p and will allow people to come and go as they please through the evening.
Will have to double check - its my Birthday, not sure what my wife has planned (if anything).

Jung Lee

I'd be interested as well. I'm in downtown DC but I'll totally drive to meet you fun people. (He says, really just hoping it's at a brewery so he can drink more beer)
would you drive up to Laurel on a week night to drink some craft beer... er... meet some fun people and talk the hobby?

Btw, saw your question on Chicago Seminars. I atttended three years ago and last year. So i guess that means i'll be attending next year. :)