Baltimore/DC

fulthrust7

Level 2 Member
Anyone in the baltimore/DC area that would like to get together over a happy hour to talk nonsense about MS and the crazy hobby we share?!

Kim @Savy.Traveler

Level 2 Member
I posted over at Tahsir's codex site and am proposing a metro accessible place with cheapish to free parking in NoVA, easily walkable from the Pentagon City metro station, with a Harris Teeter near by for MOs, if needed. On Tuesday's, Champs, a sports bar in Pentagon Row, has $3 beers, including Guiness. I am pretty much up for drinking $3 Guiness any Tuesday starting at 6pm, but I'll throw out June 10th and/or June 17th to start. Chime in if it is a possibility for you.

Lindyhopper

Level 2 Member
Also following Tahsir's codex site for a local gathering. I have a heavy travel schedule but am very interested.

Kim @Savy.Traveler

Level 2 Member
I'd be interested in a meetup, though I'm relatively new to the hobby. Pentagon City area works fine on any Tuesday.
Let's do it on Tuesday, 17 JUN and invite others to join us. For timing, 6pm or later would be best for me, but I can adjust if others can come earlier. Some DC/VA/MD from Tahsir's codex site may also be there. Here are the proposal and directions:

Meet up on Tuesday, 17 June at Champps Sports Bar at 1201 S Joyce St Arlington, VA 22202 at approx 6pm.

From Pentagon City metro station exit, go left and into Pentagon City mall, walk a straight line thru the food court and out the otherside; this will get you 95% of the way there and in view of Champps at Pentagon Row.

Map showing the local area is at https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...ata=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xc86c475dcba50425

Driving and parking directions are at http://pentagonrow.com/directions-parking/

Parking is free for the first hour, and the next additional hour is reasonable (a quarter?); underground parking is also reasonable if you plan on staying more than 2 hours or can't find surface parking.

It is a pretty large bar so look on the left hand side for a woman with a hat labeled "Viajera" (traveler in Spanish).

Let me know if you will be there before 6pm, and I will try to come earlier. Hope to see you and others there!

Lindyhopper

Level 2 Member
I will do my best to attend; TY for doing this; Load up on Simon Mall cards - hopefully they will restock (last Friday they only had Birthday Cards left; I didn't think they would believe I knew 8 people who had birthdays coming up).

Kim @Savy.Traveler

Level 2 Member
I will do my best to attend; TY for doing this; Load up on Simon Mall cards - hopefully they will restock (last Friday they only had Birthday Cards left; I didn't think they would believe I knew 8 people who had birthdays coming up).
Is your reference to the mall we will be near by or somewhere else?

ACFDguy

Level 2 Member
Hello folks. Would love for a future meet, Northern VA and DC is golden for me. Let's try another date in the summer. Be safe.

f0xx

Level 2 Ninja
Always flying into DCA/IAD.
Grew up in NOVA.

Wouldn't mind catching up if I happen to be in town.

Kim @Savy.Traveler

Level 2 Member
Here is the proposal as it now stands; however, I am open to group consensus on new location, etc. I plan to stick with the same date for now, unless there is no interest in getting together a week from Tuesday. I defaulted to the previous location, but we could decide upon another place. (I have cross posted this event (as a resource) at Travel Codex. So you may also see the event there.)

Let's get together on 6pm Tuesday, 22 JUL and invite others to join us.

Meet up on Tuesday, 22 July at Champps Sports Bar at 1201 S Joyce St Arlington, VA 22202 at approx 6pm.

From Pentagon City metro station exit, go left and into Pentagon City mall, walk a straight line thru the food court and out the otherside; this will get you 95% of the way there and in view of Champps at Pentagon Row.

Map showing the local area is at https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...ata=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xc86c475dcba50425

Driving and parking directions are at http://pentagonrow.com/directions-parking/

Parking is free for the first hour, and the next additional hour is reasonable (a quarter?); underground parking is also reasonable if you plan on staying more than 2 hours or can't find surface parking.

It is a pretty large bar so look on the left hand side for the group.

Last edited:

Kim @Savy.Traveler

Level 2 Member
I'd like to attend as well. I think I can manage sneaking out of work:)
Achewon,

Right now, I have one other person, Robert, from Travel Codex, as a definite attendee. I expect other RSVPs to firm up over the weekend. If you don't hear from me before then, post or DM me on Tuesday to confirm. Are you traveling far?

Kim @Savy.Traveler

Level 2 Member
Newish person here. I work in the area and should be able to stop by. Just found this thread and unfortunately missed the first meet up.
Welcome! Seems like there will be at least 3-4 of us and different people than last time. Look forward to meeting you in person on Tuesday.

Kim @Savy.Traveler

Level 2 Member
I'm going to try my best and make it tonight!
Brandon/all

I will do my best to be there right at 6pm and will have a cubs baseball cap in the middle of the table on the far left hand side of the bar. In the unlikely chance I am not there on time, pls welcome others by saying something like, are you here for the travel meet up?

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Kim

Achewon

Level 2 Member
Looks like I am stuck here at work late today. I would like to defer until the next time we can make one of these things happen.

Bret

Kim @Savy.Traveler

Level 2 Member
Bret,

Sorry to hear that, and thanks for letting me know. As far as I know, Brandon and others are able to make it, so we are going to push on and go drink beer without you. ;-)

Kim

Kim @Savy.Traveler

Level 2 Member
Sounds like it was a great event yesterday.

Is there any interest in something between the two beltways in the future perhaps?
Certainly, why don't you propose something? As some participants found the other night, traffic can be brutal on the weeknights, so stayinfg closer to home or work is preferred. To gather more from the regions, I recommend organizing something for the weekend. Go for it!

Kim @Savy.Traveler

Level 2 Member
Could anyone do Arundel Mills at the TGI Friday's (I figure it should be quietish there), or The Ale House in Columbia (http://www.thealehousecolumbia.com/)? Perhaps Thursday, August 14th?
Sounds like a great idea. Unfortunately a little far for me on a weeknight. I bet others who are closer will be interested. You may also want to post your proposed meetup at Travel Codex for additional visability and other potential participants.