Baltimore/DC

f0xx

Level 2 Ninja
The only issue I could see for others is that Arundel Mills is closer to the Baltimore folks than the NOVA folks.
Sadly I'm not in town or I'd join up :)

tmount

Administrator
Ok, I've never been to the Ale House, sounds like a great opportunity to change that. Looking at TravelCodex though it sounds like there might be a meet-up forming for that weekend at the Rockville town center. I'm amenable to either, and have posted there trying to see which worked better too.

tmount

Administrator
So I wanted to revisit this because it seemed to get a bit off the rails at TC. Do we still want to do a meet-up on Thursday, 14 August at the Ale House in Columbia? Could do 4 or 5pm.

Who is interested?

DC_Points_&_Miles

Level 2 Member
Interested but unavailable now, unfortunately. Any day next week is good for me, probably around 6 pm.

On Travel Codex, Friday, August 29th around 6pm in Rockville Town Center was thrown out there. I'd be in for that as well.

tmount

Administrator
Dang, sorry... Unfortunately I'll be out of town on the 29th.

Perhaps sometime in September.

MarcusBWI

Level 2 Member
Hey DC Metro folks,

We've been pretty inactive for a while (at least, those of us who weren't able to go to the Arlington FTU). Would anybody be interested in a post-holiday meetup? Maybe mid-January? I'm happy to help set something up if people want to get together.

tmount

Administrator
I'm in the minority that is partial to MD, but if its a weekend could do DC, prefer to avoid NOVA though because of the traffic.

MarcusBWI

Level 2 Member
Hey folks,

I just reserved a table for 10 at McCormick & Schmick's at 7:00 pm on Friday, January 9. The restaurant is within 2 blocks of the Red, Green, Yellow, Blue, Orange and Silver line, and generally within 30 minutes from both Maryland and Virginia outposts.

How does that work for everybody?

Kim @Savy.Traveler

Level 2 Member
Hey folks,

I just reserved a table for 10 at McCormick & Schmick's at 7:00 pm on Friday, January 9. The restaurant is within 2 blocks of the Red, Green, Yellow, Blue, Orange and Silver line, and generally within 30 minutes from both Maryland and Virginia outposts.

How does that work for everybody?
Pls clarify if it is the M+K on K St or F St. (Not that it really matters, but I believe, if K St, happy hour in the bar runs until 7pm; if F St in Penn Quarter, happy hour ends at 6:30.)

MarcusBWI

Level 2 Member
Pls clarify if it is the M+K on K St or F St. (Not that it really matters, but I believe, if K St, happy hour in the bar runs until 7pm; if F St in Penn Quarter, happy hour ends at 6:30.)
Sorry, I guess I didn't realize how many McCormick's were in the area! I made the reservation for the DC location at 9th & F. It seemed like the most central location closest to the most metro lines for people inside and outside the District, and I thought for the drivers it would be easier to reach. But we can adjust that if we need

Air Land and Sea

Level 2 Member
Sorry, I guess I didn't realize how many McCormick's were in the area! I made the reservation for the DC location at 9th & F. It seemed like the most central location closest to the most metro lines for people inside and outside the District, and I thought for the drivers it would be easier to reach. But we can adjust that if we need
Count me in - if it changes, please let me know as I will drive up late morning and get a hotel for the night.

Where will I find you or should I ask the hostess where our Saverocity group is sitting?

Jane

henrygeorge

Level 2 Member
Maybe next time. Maybe Columbia or Laurel? I can handle the long drive, just not with traffic.
I could do Columbia/Laurel.

Anyone more on the Anne Arundel County side of the region? I'm just below Ft. Meade. Arundel Mills, or Crofton would be ideal. (Though so would Gambrills & Odenton)

henrygeorge

Level 2 Member
I'll be snowboarding in at Copper Mountain in CO. Good luck with the meetup and hope another one comes along soon!