BA deal?

Brennan

Level 2 Member
Just getting back online after doing some awesome trekking on Java. Can someone point me to a thread discussing the $450 BA biz deal?

Is the Freq Miler post the whole deal or is there a "level 2" way to hack this thing even further?

msmith864

Level 2 Member
Sorry Brennan but I think the deal is basically dead at this point. Most of the blog posts got the whole thing--book with AARP discount and pay partly with Avios (promotion for most airports in the US such as JFK, SFO, PHL, etc.). You'd be using 30k Avios but you'd get it back and more if you sign up for either the BA or AA miles trans-Atlantic promotion going on until 1/31.

There were some routing/multi-city tricks in there depending on where you're flying from/to just to bring the beginning fare down a little bit but the discounts being applied were those two. If you didn't use the Avios discount there's also the CARDOFFERU code for Visa Signature cardholders to knock down another 10% off the price.

Brennan

Level 2 Member
Sorry Brennan but I think the deal is basically dead at this point. Most of the blog posts got the whole thing--book with AARP discount and pay partly with Avios (promotion for most airports in the US such as JFK, SFO, PHL, etc.). You'd be using 30k Avios but you'd get it back and more if you sign up for either the BA or AA miles trans-Atlantic promotion going on until 1/31.

There were some routing/multi-city tricks in there depending on where you're flying from/to just to bring the beginning fare down a little bit but the discounts being applied were those two. If you didn't use the Avios discount there's also the CARDOFFERU code for Visa Signature cardholders to knock down another 10% off the price.
Thanks msmith864...missing a travel deal because I'm traveling is an ok problem to have.

msmith864

Level 2 Member
Haha, indeed, enjoy your travels!

BA usually has a summer sale for business class travel for tickets around $1 or $1.2k for travel to Europe. It seems like BA is still experimenting with their partial pay with Avios. The redemption value was great this time at ~2.5c/avios, so hopefully that'll come back sometime too.