Awesome 2015 1Q Promo: Extend Your Stay, Earn 30k

swazzie

Level 2 Member
Check your email! Look like some Club Carlson stays are in my future...I got the following email from them today:

We enjoyed welcoming you last year, and want to thank you for your continued loyalty. As a token of our appreciation, we're offering you exclusive early-bird access to our next promotion Extend Your Stay, Earn 30k before it's announced to the public. Plus, you can get a jump start on earning Gold Points® this year. Register for the Extend Your Stay, Earn 30k promotion by January 12, and we'll award you with an additional 10,000 bonus points after your first Eligible Stay of two or more nights between January 12 and March 29, 2015. Thanks again, and we look forward to another great year together.

Details of the promo are as follows:

Kick off 2015 with up to 30,000 bonus Gold Points per Eligible Stay! Register for the “Extend Your Stay, Earn 30K” promotion and you can earn 30,000 bonus Gold Points for each Eligible Stay of 3+ nights or 15,000 bonus Gold Points for each 2-night Eligible Stay at more than 1,000 Carlson Rezidor hotels worldwide. Register today to take advantage of this rich offer exclusive to Club CarlsonSM members.

IHG, eat your heart out!

sriki

Level 2 Member
As I read it, we get 30k points if we do a 3 night stay in a Club Carlson hotel or 15k for a 2 night stay. Is that it? If so, why is it such a great offer?

swazzie

Level 2 Member
It amounts to a free night at a category 2 hotel (15k points) after a 2 night stay or a category 3 hotel (28k points) after a 3 night stay. The bonus points apply to every stay during the period, not just one. The 10k bonus offer is a one time deal for those who got it.

Those with a Club Carlson credit card can stretch the points further with the Bonus Award Night benefit (last night free on a 2+ night stay).

Hanaleiradio

Level 2 Member
Last year one could buy CC points for .4 cent/pt. On the 3 nighter I haven't been able to find any CC hotels near home or planned travel where cost would work out to be less than .5 cent/pt. Nevertheless, the stays I'm pricing out would get me 44-48k CC pts. At 50k one can get 2 nights at CC hotels in London, where rates are often $300ish/nt. Since I have to stay 1 or 2 nights for biz anyways, I'll gladly make it a CC property and add in a 3rd night on my own dime to get 2 nights later in the year in London (or Scandinavia.) But for me its not pure mattress run material.

swazzie

Level 2 Member
Good info, @Hanaleiradio. It's not pure mattress run material for me, either, but I was planning a short trip this month and this promo comes right on time for that. This is in contrast to my IHG Set Your Sights offer, which requires a minimum of 6 nights to earn ~52K points.

Hanaleiradio

Level 2 Member
The other reason its not mattress run material for me is that its fairly easy to manufacture CC points for .16 cent/pt or less using the CC Visa. For example, 3k at Simon nets 15k CC pts for $23.70.