Applying for more than 1 Chase ink?

Whitney

Level 2 Member
I had heard that it is best to wait 90 days between applying for new cards. This weekend will be 90 days since my last application. So, I am planning to get my first Ultimate Rewards card. The 60k sign up bonus looks great! I have heard of using2 browsers and submitting 2 applications simultaneously. If that works, I could get 2 - or maybe even 3! Ink cards. My question is: does anyone know if that might make getting approved less likely? Or any other risks in applying for 2 cards simultaneously?

jd13

Level 1.75 Member
Never heard of the double browser method for Chase. I have never had instant approval on a biz app from Chase, always had to talk to someone.

MrMike

Level 2 Member
Might be better to apply for 2 different chase cards, no issues with that. I can't remember hearing about someone successfully applying for 2 of the same but maybe it'll work out for you.

Whitney

Level 2 Member
So, since the general consensus seemed to be that it would be almost impossible to apply for more than 1 Chase Ink card at the same time, I switched strategies. I just did my first "app-o-rama" I applied for 7 cards and was approved for 8. One of the approvals was the Amex platinum offer targeted to Ameriprise customers. I was approved even tough I am not an Ameriprise customers.That is very sweet as it waives the $450 annual fee for the 1st year. BUT i was not approved for Chase Ink card. Very disappointing as I want the 5x miles at office supply stores. When I called the reconsideration line, they said I had not been in business long enough and my gross and net business income were not high enough. I had told them about my business selling things on ebay. Do you have any idea if calling the reconsideration line a 2nd time would possible get me an approval?

Whitney

Level 2 Member
So, for anyone following this thread, here is what I learned: The min credit limit for the card is $5,000. I had been saying that my business made $5,000 or less during the reconsideration call. The rep explained to me that since my business would need to gross more than the min credit line to be approved. Good to know for next time!