Apply for a Miles Bonus Card, use another persons Frequent Flyer Number

Sky WIzard

Level 2 Member
Does anyone have experience using another persons FF # to link to a credit card when they open it? I am wondering if I could get a card for another person, and have my FF# so the points go to my account?

f0xx

Level 2 Ninja
I'm sure they'd so some sort of check to see if your information and the FF account information matches.

PainCorp

Level 2.14 on Dining/Travel until 12/15
I'd take your request for a level 3 more seriously if you stop DMing me daft questions. :)
Hey, that one this morning was a legitimate concern. Other than that we've only PM'd once when I joined.

Jennifer

Level 2 Member
Supporter
This may be only tangentially related, but about six months ago my husband needed to take a trip without me on DL. Our DL Amex is in my name, and he is an authorized user. Up until that point, we had always travel together, so the free checked bag applied to both of us. After the outbound leg of his flight, after he was charged for his bag, I called Amex and switched out my FF number for his FF number. He did not have to pay for the bag on the return. :) After that trip was over, I called and switched it back to my FF number.

This was a couple of months before I got into the miles/points game, so I didn't even think twice about calling up and making such a request.

Sky WIzard

Level 2 Member
So, when does Level 3 start?
I thought one of the main points of this forum was to reduce the snarky attitudes? Hardly a beginners question, there is almost no data anywhere out there on this subject.

And in response to Foxx, I would assume that as well, but some of the greater loopholes in this game have been exposed by taking a chance and trying what one would assume not to work. I am looking for hard experience.