Apple Magic Trackpad

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I have a wall mounted TV linked to a Mac Mini. Previously using a high end Logitech mouse but it requires a mouse mat and isn't really getting great connection..

Wanted to ask:

Should I get a Trackpad for 8-10ft distance (will it work)
If it works, how to MSRP it down?

Cheers,
Matt

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
My TV is on console that is about 32" tall, with the Mac Mini located in one of the shelves below (roughly 24" from the floor). Mac Mini has known bluetooth connectivity issues. Since I'm running Windoze via Bootcamp, I primarily use a Logitech mouse. But I have a trackpad...don't use it often because it gets wonky went I want it to connect to Mini vs. my rMBP laptop (trick is to turn off BT on my rMBP). I'm able to control the Mini as far as 8 - 12 feet away with either.

How tall is your Mac Mini located (from the floor)? I bought a DIY dual hard drive installation kit. The kit came with a bluetooth shielding to fix connectivity issues for 2012. I did notice improvements with BT connectivity.

Options:
Buy from Amazon: $65.94 ($55.98 pre tax)...buy a GameStop GC that's 20% off (but have to wait for AmEx sync offers - I buy GameStop & TRU GC's from the past AmEx offers for Staples and Bed Bath and Beyond) --> buy Amazon GC with GameStop GC

Buy from Best Buy: $69.99 ($59.84 pretax)
Buy BBY GC at 5% off, use cashback portal + 10% mover's coupon
Use your Staples rewards :) PM to Amazon ($65.94) .. no taxes when paying with rewards -- Next week, Staples has their 20% off bag promo.. you may get lucky (though coupon states it excludes Apple)

Buy Staples GC's at 20% off (there are occasional Promo's on eBay and Rautken) - and PM to Amazon. But I haven't seen any deals lately for $100 Staples GC for $80 for a few months. Recently I used a fee-free AGC I bought from CVS at 5% off, bought $100 Paypal GC's at $90; then used the Paypal GC's to buy the $100 Staples GC's for $90.

Last edited:

MilesJunkie

Level 1.66 Member
I think my Apple Trackpad should still work. Barely use it and almost brand new. Take it Matt! I don't need it no mo!

Edit: I still might even have that 3rd party Mobee charger. Never used it. SMH LOL! I hate being "that idiot" haha

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
Matt,
Do you also leverage the Apple TV Remote for some apps on the Mini? For Windoze Media Center, I use the buttons to fast fwd past commercials for recorded shows.

MilesJunkie

Level 1.66 Member
I think my Apple Trackpad should still work. Barely use it and almost brand new. Take it Matt! I don't need it no mo!

Edit: I still might even have that 3rd party Mobee charger. Never used it. SMH LOL! I hate being "that idiot" haha
Seriously Matt, I'm trying to find a good home for it! I'll make sure to check on it when I get in to work on Monday. It's just sitting in my office cabinet. I'll let you know.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Seriously Matt, I'm trying to find a good home for it! I'll make sure to check on it when I get in to work on Monday. It's just sitting in my office cabinet. I'll let you know.
Much appreciated! Let me know, Matt

MilesJunkie

Level 1.66 Member
Matt, sorry I forgot about it yesterday. Sitting in my locked up cabinet is out state, out of mind.

Should be good to go and the Mobee charger too. I'll PM.