Any Tool to Search Multiple (Specific/Chain) Hotel Sites?

knick1959

Level 2 Member
I'm at it again, looking for hotels in various smaller cities in Scotland. I end up searching at least 3 hotel-specific web sites where I have a points bank. I know I can use a larger aggregator (Expedia, Hotels.com, etc.,.) but sometimes its hard to pick out the branded hotels by the names they present.

Does anything exists that would check for a specific list or some fixed list of chain hotels?

I've been looking for a screen scraper project ... maybe this is it. Only if nothing exists ... I'd say "and if it proved to be helpful". I think it would be helpful to me. I would find a way to share it!

knick1959

Level 2 Member
Hotel Hustle used to be available, but lately I cannot get it to work.
Thanks! This looks (well, looked?) promising. All of the main players I would be interested in are in the search sources and none of the independent hotel clutter (not wanted in this case). But you are right ... I can't seem to get any results to show (although I believe the software thinks it's mapped them). One other serious flaw? It only does the US ... threw an error when I searched for Dundee, UK saying I needed a valid city or zip code.

Maybe I will check in with the author and see what his plans are. Or this would make a good reference example for creating something else.

Last edited:

SanDiego1K

Level 2 Member
Hotel Hustle was amazing, my go to tool for hotel stays. I miss it very much and have yet to find an equivalent. sbm12 (Seth Miller) posted on FlyerTalk that he is not going to reactivate it.

knick1959

Level 2 Member
Hotel Hustle was amazing, my go to tool for hotel stays. I miss it very much and have yet to find an equivalent. sbm12 (Seth Miller) posted on FlyerTalk that he is not going to reactivate it.
I would imagine with the propensity of web developers to "update" their pages constantly (I hate this in case you can't tell) it would be a nightmare to try to keep things working with a dozen different sources involved. Too bad the author has given up.

churning_medic

In all honesty, if you're looking for chain hotels in Scotland, you're not going to find too much outside of Edinburgh and Glasgow. The smaller cities are well... smaller, especially in the Highlands. Smaller independent hotels are really what you're going to find in those parts.