Any good lounges in Kaula Lumpur?

LearnMS

Level 2 Member
I have an 8 hour layover at KUL in a couple of days. I have CSR (got the priority pass) and Citi Prestige cards. I have to take Air Asia flight after 8 hr layover. Is there a good lounge at KUL that I can spend some time on? Ideally a good shower facility would help :), but not too crazy about it.

Thanks!

italdesign

Level 2 Member
Beware that AirAsia is in KLIA2 , which is about 2km (IIRC) from KLIA (where airlines like MH are). There's PP with shower in both facilities.

If you're landing in KLIA and connecting in KLIA2, you'll have to collect your bags, take a cab, and re-check in.

Maverick17

Level 2 Member
AirAsia is moving to the main KLIA terminal (allegedly) but not for a few more months. So italdesign is right, you need a lounge at KLIA 2. The prioritypass app and website are very accurate from what I've found. So you should be able to find it pretty easily. It looks to me on first glance there are 3 Plaza Premium lounges in KLIA 2.

LearnMS

Level 2 Member
That's good to know. Thank you guys!

I would be lost otherwise. I just searched that there is an express train or can take taxi from KLIA. Which one is a good option if I am carrying 2 big bags for check in. I also learnt that Air asia does a combined weight thing and don't care how many bags I check in.

LearnMS

Level 2 Member
On a side note, this leg from KUL is turning out to be expensive. My final destination was supposed to be REP, but United canceled the 2nd leg and so offered to rebook it. But since there were no good short flights, KUL happened to be a connecting point. I am paying from my pocket from KUL to REP. Now the luggage and everything is adding up the cost. Can I bring this concern to United?

Maverick17

Level 2 Member
The train isn't very full in my experience, with quite a bit of room for bags, and is faster and you don't have to deal with traffic. It's very worthwhile. I think it's a bit busier in the early a.m. hours, but still not bad. It's common for people to take the train to downtown KL, and then take a taxi to the hotel.

They also have had some "mastercard" promos this year on the train, so you might see if they have anything like that when you arrive. I think I got 20% off for using a mastercard in January.

So UA offered to get you to REP, but it would have been a non-ideal routing? If that's the case, I don't think UA will be much use, since you are the one that chose not to accept their re-route. But I'm no expert on compensation, so maybe others have a different view.

italdesign

Level 2 Member
At the KLIA2 Plaza Premium L-gates lounge (there's another one in the other gates). Tiny lounge but excellent food selection - laksa, wonton noodle soup, spaghetti, congee, etc. I almost prefer the food to The Pier J.