Any experience with CU Rewards?

Nick

Level 2 Member
Many credit unions seem to offer credit cards that earn points redeemable at curewards.com (usually 1X points, with maybe 2X or 3X in certain categories). Some of the redemption options are travel-related, and those can be viewed at cutravelrewards.com. The problem is that you can't see the number of points needed unless you have a participating credit card.

I called the number on the site, and the rep was able to tell me some common redemption values. For instance, item A00001, a flight in the lower 48 states, was 30,000 points, as was a UA0325A, a $325 airline credit. I think item UA0750A, a $750 flight credit, was somewhere around 60,000 points.

But I am more interested in hotel redemptions than flights, and the rep said that she couldn't see point values for those without a specific account login. Can anyone provide some input on this? I'm particularly interested in the Hyatt certificates. I'd also generally be interested to find out if there are any redemption options that give great value -- i.e., much better than 1 cent/point.

Sooner

Level 2 Member
I'm looking at a rewards card at a local CU that uses LoyaltyGateway for redemptions. I see that other Mastercards like Santander use this as well. The CU Mastercard gets 3X travel and dining, so it might fill a hole in my credit card spread. Anyone have experience with LoyaltyGateway?