Amex Sync: Walmart $5 off $15 exp 11/30

Barb

Level 2 Member
You know the drill!

Online only. Excludes gift card RELOADS. Seems to me then that a new gift card might count. Gonna give it a try.

Barb

Level 2 Member
Bought an e-gift card online with my Amex and already have the "Thanks for using your enrolled card" message, so hopefully the credit will post.

MattyMattMatt

Level 2 Member
#AmexWalmart

Set up all your accounts with twitter, then add them all to tweetdeck. One tweet will take care of them all. It takes work upfront but then you're guaranteed to get all your cards synced with very minimal effort.

Haley

I am not a robot
I'm not a huge Walmart fan for real spending, but there is a current spend $15 get $5 egift card promos that matchs up really well with this deal. Note this purchase must be made in store. Buy $15 of Quaker (not just oats) email photo of receipt to get egift card. Redeem up to 5 times, so if you have lots of synced cards this makes it an even better deal.

Not a referral but since you have to supply an email account I'd assume they will abuse it, use one you created to set up a twitter sync.

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
Ordered two in separate transactions, one to arrive electronically and the other in snail mail, both thru BigCrumbs. Anyone know if BC will give any crumbs - which they will be literally in this case - for GCs bought at WM online?

I've been part of BC a long time and never used it; bought them this way just to give it a whirl.

UPDATE:

Just got the following for the second order I placed:

Dear ElainePDX,
Thank you for shopping with Walmart.com. Unfortunately, due to an error processing payment information, we have had to cancel the following order.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Walmart.com Order Number: XXXXX
Cancelled Items Qty Price Total
Sam's Club and Walmart eGift Card 1 $15.00
Subtotal: $15.00
Order Summary
Order Date:09/21/2014
Subtotal:$15.00
Shipping:$0.00
Tax:$0.00
Refund Information
Since this order hasn't shipped, your account was never charged. Any authorization hold placed on your account will automatically expire in accordance with the card issuer's policy. Please contact your financial institution for more information.

I am wondering if AMEX will still credit back the $5....I did get a nice email thanking me for using my AMEX card that came 8 minutes before the WM cancellation. Does anyone have experience with this?

I actually think I will leave it be, so I can see what AMEX does and what BigCrumbs does.

Last edited:

shoppergirl

Level 2 Member
I ordered several Walmart gift cards online. The shipping usually takes a week. My order wasn't cancelled and I should have it within a week. I plan on using mine at Sam's Club. Or, I'll just pick up a few groceries in between Serve loads.

R

RamboAroundTheWorld

Purchased 7 physical gift cards today and got notification on all of them.

For anyone who synced with Serve - did you see the deal in your Serve account yet? I've tried twice now and can't get the damn thing to show up.

shoppergirl

Level 2 Member

For anyone who synced with Serve - did you see the deal in your Serve account yet? I've tried twice now and can't get the damn thing to show up.
Just tried with Serve. Twitter didn't work since it's connected with another AMEX card. Syncing with Facebook worked. It's now showing up in "my offers".

InstinctX

Level 2 Member

I have the same issue. Even though twitter says I'm enrolled, I don't see it. I then tweeted AskAmEx, and they confirmed I'm enrolled.

R

RamboAroundTheWorld

Just tried with Serve. Twitter didn't work since it's connected with another AMEX card. Syncing with Facebook worked. It's now showing up in "my offers".
I have the same issue. Even though twitter says I'm enrolled, I don't see it. I then tweeted AskAmEx, and they confirmed I'm enrolled.
Interesting. I wonder how that will shake out next month once everyone loads.

R

RamboAroundTheWorld

Anyone with Serve see the offer on their account yet? I checked both mine today and got bupkes.

tly

Level 2 Member
Looks like you can pay for GCs using GCs, so if you're buying multiple you can consolidate it into one if you hold off on that last GC till you get all the previous orders.

credipig

Level 2 Member
That's good to know. I believe WM will only let you to swipe 4 times for in store payments also. So that would limit you to $60 purchases with those $15 GCs. Consolidating makes things much easier.

Zooter

Level 2 Member
Premium Supporter
Even without it showing up online? Did you already get the credits?
I'm not sure what you mean by "showing up online". To use Amex Offers with Serve you need to use a social media link like Twitter. I used the #AmexWalmart hashtag, got confirmation in my Twitter feed, made the purchase, got the "Congrats! You just used your Amex offer" email" for 4 of the 9 Serve cards I used today.

Credits have not yet posted though, but it's been less than 3 hours.

R

RamboAroundTheWorld

I'm not sure what you mean by "showing up online". To use Amex Offers with Serve you need to use a social media link like Twitter. I used the #AmexWalmart hashtag, got confirmation in my Twitter feed, made the purchase, got the "Congrats! You just used your Amex offer" email" for 4 of the 9 Serve cards I used today.

Credits have not yet posted though, but it's been less than 3 hours.
If you look in your Serve account under Settings, you can see your listed Amex Sync deals. If you've already gotten the go ahead then its no biggie.

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
This is the only offer that doesn't show up... it's been 2 weeks on my accounts. The Staples offer showed up right away.

Sesq

Level 2 Member
Did folks get their credits with e-gift card purchases? I have been lazy and have not redeemed this offer yet. I'd like to just do e-gift cards, then consolidate them into a single physical in the last order. I think I have this on 5 or 6 cards.

cocobird

Level 2 Member
Ordered two in separate transactions, one to arrive electronically and the other in snail mail, both thru BigCrumbs. Anyone know if BC will give any crumbs - which they will be literally in this case - for GCs bought at WM online?

I've been part of BC a long time and never used it; bought them this way just to give it a whirl.

UPDATE:

Just got the following for the second order I placed:

Dear ElainePDX,
Thank you for shopping with Walmart.com. Unfortunately, due to an error processing payment information, we have had to cancel the following order.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Walmart.com Order Number: XXXXX
Cancelled Items Qty Price Total
Sam's Club and Walmart eGift Card 1 $15.00
Subtotal: $15.00
Order Summary
Order Date:09/21/2014
Subtotal:$15.00
Shipping:$0.00
Tax:$0.00
Refund Information
Since this order hasn't shipped, your account was never charged. Any authorization hold placed on your account will automatically expire in accordance with the card issuer's policy. Please contact your financial institution for more information.

I am wondering if AMEX will still credit back the $5....I did get a nice email thanking me for using my AMEX card that came 8 minutes before the WM cancellation. Does anyone have experience with this?

I actually think I will leave it be, so I can see what AMEX does and what BigCrumbs does.
Having had a cancelled order previously on BigCrumbs, I will guess that they will back out the credit if the transaction does not complete. When this happened to me, it took over two weeks before the credit was removed.

midnightinharlem

Level 2 Member
Used it on a $15 Starbucks gift card. Got an email "Congrats! You just used your Amex Offer" so optimistic it will register. Solid discount for Starbucks, soon to pick up 4 more.

raccah

Level 2 Member
Solid deal for sbux, but an even better deal is to use it for a 5.01 sbux gc and then get the rest back in cash, at least in ca.