AMEX SPG activation (with existing Blue account)

GE1

Level 2 Member
I applied for an was approved through a 30k point link (Incognito window, first SPG card, existing other AMEX card made the offer appear as 10k).

Card and agreement arrived today, no mention of bonuses on the agreement (guessing this is standard with AMEX).

Should I register a separate online account for this card to be safe, or can I register/activate the card with my existing online account and still get the full 30k?

Trevor

Level 2 Member
My wife had no problem adding it to her current cards (and getting 30k bonus), so personally I'd recommend that. For me it's easier to manage. With the Amex Sync offers, some people like to have have separate accounts, but there are better and easier workarounds for that (can be searched for and found many places).

GE1

Level 2 Member
Thanks for the advice. Added to my existing profile for convenience. Still new at the CC game :)

doink

Level 2 Member
I heard its best to register on seperate account. Reason being is that when AMEX gets those spend xx to get xx off deals, its 1 per account not per card. I believed thats what I read.

Trevor

Level 2 Member
I heard its best to register on seperate account. Reason being is that when AMEX gets those spend xx to get xx off deals, its 1 per account not per card. I believed thats what I read.
This is incorrect. I just synced 6 0f 7 accounts, which are all under the same logon, for the Costco $25 off $25 deal. Here's to a free $150! :)