Amex SPG 30K Bonus with 5K Friend Referral

Sang Kancil Guru

Travelling the world in search of fruits
Just got an email that the SPG 30K bonus offer is available for both personal and business cards if you refer your friend. You might have already seen this in the blogs.

Let me know if you need a referral, would be happy to do so since there's a 5K bonus for myself for each successful referral.

goofypluto

Level 2 Member
Thanks Sang! In addition to that, I just received a targeted email from SPG with an invitation/unique link to apply for the SPG card with a 30,000 bonus. It says I can apply four days early so look out in your email for the link. I just got the email a few minutes ago.

Sang Kancil Guru

Travelling the world in search of fruits
That's great, goofypluto!

Let me know anyway if you dont mind me referring you anyway :)

Thanks Sang! In addition to that, I just received a targeted email from SPG with an invitation/unique link to apply for the SPG card with a 30,000 bonus. It says I can apply four days early so look out in your email for the link. I just got the email a few minutes ago.

harvson3

Level 2 Member
For the record, I applied for the 25K offer in late April, on a referral from my wife.

I called today to ask if I could be switched over to the 30K bonus opportunity. The CSR said, "No, but I can give you 3,000 extra points." Well, okay.

yuneeq

Level 2 Member
Thanks for the heads up. I got the email but I didn't look to see the bonus amount offered.

If anyone else needs a 30k referral, shoot me a PM.

chiz

Level 2 Member
To add another two data points on matching the new offer for a recent application: Like harvson3, I applied in April for me and my wife (I referred her!) to beat the anti-churn deadline of May 1. Both of us called tonight to attempt to match the new 30k offer. In both cases we were offered 3,000 points as a "good will gesture" but not the full match. Better than nothing!

Also, I tried this via online chat earlier today and got nothing, no match or extra points.

cheryld

Level 2 Member
I have a good friend that I requested refer me for the Business card. He has both Personal and Business cards under the same login. It is the personal app that keeps getting generated.
He even tried entering the card information instead of the login to no avail. What is the trick to getting a business app referral in this situation?

Thanks!

This is the link I sent him to use - (it asks for the referrer's login or card information):
https://www262.americanexpress.com/business-card-application/raf/200002-CCSG

Last edited: