Amex SPG 30,000 offer

HRIII

Level 2 Member
I received a spg card in April with 25,000 points
Is it possible to have Amex honor this new offer?

chiz

Level 2 Member
Someone started a thread about this offer in the American Express Membership Rewards sub-forum (not sure why since SPG is not an MR card). In any case, I posted in that thread about my attempts to match the new offer yesterday.

Like you, I applied for SPG cards for myself and my wife in April with the 25,000 point offer. I asked for a match via chat yesterday and was completely shot down. Last night my wife and I both called to try to match and were offered 3,000 points each as a "one-time, good will gesture," but no match to the 30k offer.

Another poster in that thread confirmed the same 3,000 point offer, and I've seen it mentioned on other forums as well.

I've only seen one report (TPG comments I think?) of a full match, so 3,000 seems to be the standard deal. Although I'd love to hear if you have success.

Hope this helps!

HRIII

Level 2 Member
It some verbal pressure and contacting a supervisor, but they did award me 3,000 points

Abbas17

Level 2 Member
Slightly unrelated but can someone confirm whether Amex did put a stop to churn on its cards? Several bloggers replorted that they made the change in May stating stating that bonus will only be given once. And does that apply to both personal and biz cards?