Amex Offers: 2000 MRs for $100 spend at Courtyard Marriott

heavenlyjane

Level 2 Member
I'm on an MR-collecting frenzy and found this offer available for several of our Amex CCs:

Get a one-time award of 2,000 additional Membership Rewards points by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $100+ on room rate and room charges with a participating Courtyard by Marriott property by 12/31/2016....Additional points will be credited to your Program account within 90 days after 12/31/2016, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.

Questions:
  1. Is there a way to spend $100 at a Courtyard Hotel without actually staying there? I just called two local Courtyards and neither sells Marriot GCs.
  2. Has anyone taken advantage of this offer yet? Are the points posted so many weeks later, sometime between Jan and Mar?

Attachments

dukerau

Level 2 Member
I'd love to hear of a successful data point. I went to a local Courtyard in CLT and there was a sign behind the check in desk advertising Marriott GC for sale, but when I inquired they searched for 10min and couldn't find them to sell me. They apologized and sheepishly laughed at the sign advertising something they couldn't find to sell me.

smittytabb

Staff member
I'm on an MR-collecting frenzy and found this offer available for several of our Amex CCs:

Get a one-time award of 2,000 additional Membership Rewards points by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $100+ on room rate and room charges with a participating Courtyard by Marriott property by 12/31/2016....Additional points will be credited to your Program account within 90 days after 12/31/2016, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.

Questions:
  1. Is there a way to spend $100 at a Courtyard Hotel without actually staying there? I just called two local Courtyards and neither sells Marriot GCs.
  2. Has anyone taken advantage of this offer yet? Are the points posted so many weeks later, sometime between Jan and Mar?
Points posted right away for spend associated with a stay. In the past for Amex Offers I have bought GCs and had it count. Have not tried with this one so far.