Amex Hilton Honors Surpass

Hanoi IG

Level 2 Member
We got this card which claims to offer a free weekend night on anniversary date. I was just checking to see how I confirm it exists and I have been bounced back and forth from Hilton to Amex and both disavow any knowledge of this offer.

Any idea from where it would be issued?

Cmonman76

Level 2 Member
If you just got the card then it should have the free night offere on it. I usually screenshot the offer page when signing up for the card so I have record of it. Then just wait until the year is up and see what happens.

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
Based on articles I've ready the "free" night will post 6-8 weeks after you pay the second annual fee. It's NOT an annual free night but one night associted with the sign up bonus.

Hanoi IG

Level 2 Member
If you just got the card then it should have the free night offere on it. I usually screenshot the offer page when signing up for the card so I have record of it. Then just wait until the year is up and see what happens.
smart play I have to remember to do

Dangaroo

Level 2 Member
Based on articles I've ready the "free" night will post 6-8 weeks after you pay the second annual fee. It's NOT an annual free night but one night associted with the sign up bonus.
This. Note that you will get the free night after you pay the annual fee for the second year. At year 3 you won't receive a free night - it's a one-time bonus.

Craig

Level 2 Member
It seems to me signing up, then downgrading, then upgrading when you are eligible for a 75k or 100k point upgrade makes way more sense than keeping a Surpass around for two years just for a $75 "free" night... unless you are MSing Hilton points or Diamond status, or have a particular high-end property you are eyeballing.

Last edited:

Hanoi IG

Level 2 Member
It seems to me signing up, then downgrading, then upgrading when you are eligible for a 75k or 100k point upgrade makes way more sense than keeping a Surpass around for two years just for a $75 "free" night... unless you are MSing Hilton points or Diamond status, or have a particular high-end property you are eyeballing.
Probably will cancel one of our surpass or downgrade or whatever. I'm just saying the offer doesn't really show anywhere and when I ask Hilton they say there is no such thing, that it must come from AMEX and Amex says the same thing. I don't necessarily want or need one free Hilton night as we only stay there when no good alternative. Most of our overseas travel is at Sofitel and same in US in NY, CHI, PHL, and DC