AMEX Business Cards - How to get targeted offers?

mark.goblue

Level 2 Member
Does anyone have tips or tricks to get targeted AMEX business card offers?

I'm looking to apply for either the BGR or Plat and see 50k (BGR) and 75k (Plat) public offers, but know there are better targeted offers out there.

I read a post on FrequentMiler that suggests registering a domain name but that it will take 6-9 months before you start seeing mailers. Anything else I can do to increase my chances of getting targeted?

Someone

Level 2 Member
Get a domain name and put your real mailing address in the whois.

Or try setting up a new coporation or llc - although I've only ever received standard snail mail offers on these.

Edit: I hit submit on my phone by accident... I think Amex has been deduping their mailing list when it comes to domain-based offers, so it may not be the guarantee that it once was. I have about 15k domains registered to one PO Box and only get the occasional offer now (even with more domains registered every day)

I *did* get the 150k Biz Plat offer to the PO Box in Oct and Dec, though. :)

Last edited:

mark.goblue

Level 2 Member
Good to know, thank you. I signed up for a new domain name earlier today and confirmed my mailing address is in the whois. Now time to play the waiting game... :)

BananaStash

Level 2 Member
There is/was a place on Amex website to check for targeted business offers. I checked that a few times and started getting the BGR 75k/$5k offer in the mail and my login.
Or (long way) my SO had some invitations made at VistaPrint under a "business" name. Four years later and that business still gets Chase Ink offers.

Mancolt

Level 2 Member
I know this is over a month old, but I received 2 separate offers for the AmEx Biz Platinum. I signed up using 1 code the other night, but I still have an entirely separate code. I don't know if they match them to the address, but I'm happy to share it if you're still interested. The offer applies to anyone, although it may be limited to just my address, or it may not be address limited but only available to the first person who applies. For that reason, please PM me if you're interested.

Here is the exact wording, because I notice the offer on amex's website is 50k after $10k + 25k after another $10k. This one is: Plus, apply today to take advantage of a special offer that can only be redeemed through this mail invitation with your unique RSVP code: Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $10,000 on qualifying purchases with the Business Platinum Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.

The offer is good until April 28, 2017.

Craig

Level 2 Member
I know this is over a month old, but I received 2 separate offers for the AmEx Biz Platinum. I signed up using 1 code the other night, but I still have an entirely separate code. I don't know if they match them to the address, but I'm happy to share it if you're still interested. The offer applies to anyone, although it may be limited to just my address, or it may not be address limited but only available to the first person who applies. For that reason, please PM me if you're interested.

Here is the exact wording, because I notice the offer on amex's website is 50k after $10k + 25k after another $10k. This one is: Plus, apply today to take advantage of a special offer that can only be redeemed through this mail invitation with your unique RSVP code: Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $10,000 on qualifying purchases with the Business Platinum Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.

The offer is good until April 28, 2017.
Do you see any targeted once-in-a-lifetime language? If not, I'd be glad to take the code off your hands to see if it works :).

Mancolt

Level 2 Member
@Craig - I don't see anything, but I only brought the first page in with me to work. I'll have to look at the rest when I get home. The first page doesn't mention anything at all to that effect. That'd be great if getting these targeted offers means one can bypass the once-in-a-lifetime limit. Is there precedent to suggest that's possible? I'm happy to let you be the first data point, but I do want to make sure it's not in one of the later pages, so we don't potentially burn the code.

Craig

Level 2 Member
@Craig - I don't see anything, but I only brought the first page in with me to work. I'll have to look at the rest when I get home. The first page doesn't mention anything at all to that effect. That'd be great if getting these targeted offers means one can bypass the once-in-a-lifetime limit. Is there precedent to suggest that's possible? I'm happy to let you be the first data point, but I do want to make sure it's not in one of the later pages, so we don't potentially burn the code.
Sure - get back to me this evening if you'd like. Data points seem to be YMMV with receiving a targeted promotional offer with no language after receiving the bonus in the past. I haven't seen any DP with someone using another person's targeted mailer, though. I'd be happy to try. Just let me know. I vaguely remember offer codes being tied to a specific name, but not sure.

Mancolt

Level 2 Member
The fine print on the offer does say in bold that the Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product. This offer is intended for the recipient of the direct mail communication only. The RSVP code is unique and can only be used one time.

So if anyone would like the code and hasn't had the AmEx Biz Plat 100k MR offer after $10k spend in 3 months, please message me.

HariOm

Transcendent Level
After logging into Amex today I received a popup offer for Business Gold Rewards: 75k points for $5k spend. The same deal is offered for Business Plat, on the "Offers for You" lower down on the page. Cannot find any exclusionary language restricting the bonus to those who have never had it before. Tempted to go for at least the gold. Have looked several times and still not finding any bonus restriction language.

knick1959

Level 2 Member
After logging into Amex today I received a popup offer for Business Gold Rewards: 75k points for $5k spend. The same deal is offered for Business Plat, on the "Offers for You" lower down on the page. Cannot find any exclusionary language restricting the bonus to those who have never had it before. Tempted to go for at least the gold. Have looked several times and still not finding any bonus restriction language.
Hmmm. My wife was offered the BRG upgrade w/75k for 10k in spend. Not quite as attractive, but still interesting.

HariOm

Transcendent Level
I went back and double-checked and both of the offers are definitely 75k/$5k. Maybe I'm targeted because at the moment I do not have any Amex biz cards in my name, though I am an AU on my loving wife's SPG biz. However in the past I have had both plat biz and BRG.

dockers

Level 2 Member
I've heard, but cannot confirm, that you can use AMEX mailers twice - once online with the code, and once again if you snail mail it in. YMMV.

knick1959

Level 2 Member
Hmmm. My wife was offered the BRG upgrade w/75k for 10k in spend. Not quite as attractive, but still interesting.
I doubled checked. Signing onto her account again, that's the offer - 75k after 10k in spend. I googled a little and DoC had an article that talked about the 10k deal to be "normal" but showed a way to get the 5k in spend deal. Applied tonight and she was accepted! (I've already had this card in the past)
Code:
http://www.doctorofcredit.com/american-express-business-gold-75000-points-after-5000-in-spend-offer/

Jay Shaw

Level 2 Member
I rarely get anything in the mailer. I guess time to look into the domain ideas. New member here just trying to read up but not new to the game though.