Amex Bus Plus authorized user combining miles

Saphira2021

Level 2 Member
I currently have an Amex Bus Plus where I am still in the process of meeting the spend for sign up bonus.
I want to add an authorized user to combine points from that person's Amex Gold personal account into Amex Bus Plus.
Will this work? I see posts about it but I am not sure as I see for ex on millionmilesecrets it says "Then transfer your AMEX Membership Rewards points to their frequent flyer account." I want to keep my miles in one Amex points account.
Can someone please clarify?
Thank you

GetawaysRus

Level 2 Member
Here's a recent blog post on this topic that you can read: https://onemileatatime.com/guides/transfer-combine-share-amex-points/

I think these are the key paragraphs in that blog post:
Unlike with some other programs, unfortunately there’s no way to transfer Amex Membership Rewards points to others. You can’t transfer your Amex points to someone else’s Amex account, and you can’t transfer your Amex points to someone else’s loyalty program account.

The only exception is that you can transfer points to the loyalty program of an authorized user’s account, as long as they’ve been an authorized user on one of your cards for at least 90 days. That 90 day requirement is presumably intended to prevent people from buying & selling points, as this would make it too easy

And another post that might be helpful: https://10xtravel.com/how-to-combine-amex-membership-rewards/

Saphira2021

Level 2 Member
Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction!
From the second link "One important thing to keep in mind is you can only transfer your points to another person’s airline account if they are an authorized user on a personal account. You won’t be able to transfer points to an employee card on a business account. "
So I shouldn't be thinking of transferring points from Person 2 Gold personal card to Person 1 Blue Bus Plus?
I should add P1 as authorized user to P2 Gold personal card, wait 90 days and then book travel with P2 Gold card where I can transfer all points to an airline.
Please tell me if I understood it correctly.

Cmonman76

Level 2 Member
Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction!
From the second link "One important thing to keep in mind is you can only transfer your points to another person’s airline account if they are an authorized user on a personal account. You won’t be able to transfer points to an employee card on a business account. "
So I shouldn't be thinking of transferring points from Person 2 Gold personal card to Person 1 Blue Bus Plus?
I should add P1 as authorized user to P2 Gold personal card, wait 90 days and then book travel with P2 Gold card where I can transfer all points to an airline.
Please tell me if I understood it correctly.
Yes that is correct.