Amex Application Strategy

Panache

Level 2 Member
I'm considering getting started with Amex MR. Which card to get first?

Through Cardmatch, I get 50 K with PRG (AF waived) and 30 K on EveryDay Pref card (AF not waived).

I'd also like to get the SPG card whenever the 30 K bonus comes sometime mid year.

I would definitely *not* want to hang onto the PRG with $175 AF after 1 year, not sure if I would want to with Every Day either.

It seems Every Day is good for MSing at grocery stores to get 4.5 x, but the 30 transaction threshold seems hard to achieve, I guess I'll have to start annoying cashiers breaking up purchases. I am not a huge MSer, save for Redbird/Reloadit.

Which would be best to get first to get a good start on piling up miles for trip to Australia in 2017? Thanks!

Jus

Level 2 Member
I had the same offers and I applied for both in one day using one pull. I think they are both good offers and worth it. I dont know if I will keep PRG with the annual fee, unless they give me a good retention offer since starting June they will also have a $100 airline credit. The everyday prefferred I will likely cancel, I thought about downgrading to the everyday card, but I thought maybe I will get that to get the sign up bonus instead of downgrading and losing out on those points.

mawmaw

Level 2 Member
i would apply for PRG 50k platinum 40k Mercedes Benz platinum 50k everyday preferred 30k i would go for all four on the same day (one pull) make sure to open both apps prg+everyday on two browsers at the same time before applying for any other card so you wont lose the offers from card-match also if you are like to hit hard add on 2 50k delta cards (biz+per) doc posted today how to get it good luck

raenye

Lever 2 Membel
i would apply for PRG 50k platinum 40k Mercedes Benz platinum 50k everyday preferred 30k i would go for all four on the same day (one pull) make sure to open both apps prg+everyday on two browsers at the same time before applying for any other card so you wont lose the offers from card-match also if you are like to hit hard add on 2 50k delta cards (biz+per) doc posted today how to get it good luck
Definitely PRG+something else to save an HP, but since personal card bonuses are once in a lifetime I wouldn't apply to something without a special offer. Either PRG+EDP or PRG+Delta gold sounds right.
Don't downgrade to ED before getting a signup bonus. Remember AmEx prorates AF; perhaps get EDP, max spend the grocery store bonus and then PC it to something you already have (or to OBC).
I got the PRG with a Blue (paltry 10k MR, but now it's without any bonus) and will apply for ED/EDP once I get targeted.