American Airlines

HanoiIG

Silver Member
Sucked in by some 60K bonus miles, my wife and I both have Barclay Aviator Advantage and Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage cards. This seems to be surlups, perhaps on two counts. Which of these would be most worth keeping? Does it matter or would it, if we flew a lot on AA? We tend to fly Star Alliance as our preferred carrier is SQ and we have used a lot of Avianca Life Miles on TG and TK.

Cmonman76

Level 2 Member
Sucked in by some 60K bonus miles, my wife and I both have Barclay Aviator Advantage and Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage cards. This seems to be surlups, perhaps on two counts. Which of these would be most worth keeping? Does it matter or would it, if we flew a lot on AA? We tend to fly Star Alliance as our preferred carrier is SQ and we have used a lot of Avianca Life Miles on TG and TK.
I would cancel the Aviator and apply for it again later down the road. Or do the same with both, but I at least keep a Citi AA card open for checked bags.

HanoiIG

Silver Member
I would cancel the Aviator and apply for it again later down the road. Or do the same with both, but I at least keep a Citi AA card open for checked bags.
OK. One thing was why would we both need the same card? I figured we'd keep one of the four, right? Checked bags? Oh, if we flew coach anywhere? We hardly ever fly domestic. I kind of think for any cards, I should cancel one whenever we both have the same, except for a couple we have like $60,000 limit which probably helps credit score and in case we take another World Cruise.

Josh F

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
OK. One thing was why would we both need the same card? I figured we'd keep one of the four, right? Checked bags? Oh, if we flew coach anywhere? We hardly ever fly domestic. I kind of think for any cards, I should cancel one whenever we both have the same, except for a couple we have like $60,000 limit which probably helps credit score and in case we take another World Cruise.
The features are very redundant, but do check for retention offers. The Barclays card often waives/credits the fee and/or has some promotions on top of that. I went with that one due to that. I also signed up back in the day where you get 10K miles/year as well.