American Airlines schedule changes

smittytabb

Staff member
I have a lot of travel already booked through the end of the year with AA. I should have EXP in the bag for another year with what I have in the books. Trouble is, there has been an avalanche of schedule changes in the last week or so. As in pretty much every single reservation I have has some kind of change.

I have been flying AA a long time and I have never seen so many changes at once. Not sure what is up. Some of the flights are not a big inconvenience. And of course, some of the changes allow for change to something perhaps more desirable. But some are just downright going to be difficult to sort out for various coordination reasons.

Anyone else having this same issue with AA right now?

taxicabnumber

Level 2 Member
Same thing for me -- every single reservation from September onward has had a major schedule change. I'm assuming it has something to do with ultimately folding in US Airways flights, but it has been kind of an annoyance -- especially having to call in with the new "enhanced" IVR phone system...

I've also just used my final Barclays US Airways companion cert for travel in late October. Looking forward to switching those to better flights once the inevitable schedule change to that reservation happens.

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
I had a schedule change on the first leg of my trip home from VCE. The VCE-LGW leg (on BA) was late as it was, leaving at 7:30 PM and landing around 8:45. But pushing it to 8:30-9:30 made it just too late for me, as I need to make it through customs, gather my bags and take a bus to LHR so I can fly out the next morning.

And I didn't want to have spent the points on the Radisson Blu, only to spend 5 hours in the room.

So I called yesterday, after checking for BA flights that day, and seeing one at 4:30 PM. Was on hold forever, of course, but in the end, got the flight changed to the 4:30 time, which is hugely better. And, because the flight time had been changed on me, no change fee!

smittytabb

Staff member
I had a schedule change on the first leg of my trip home from VCE. The VCE-LGW leg (on BA) was late as it was, leaving at 7:30 PM and landing around 8:45. But pushing it to 8:30-9:30 made it just too late for me, as I need to make it through customs, gather my bags and take a bus to LHR so I can fly out the next morning.

And I didn't want to have spent the points on the Radisson Blu, only to spend 5 hours in the room.

So I called yesterday, after checking for BA flights that day, and seeing one at 4:30 PM. Was on hold forever, of course, but in the end, got the flight changed to the 4:30 time, which is hugely better. And, because the flight time had been changed on me, no change fee!
I had a bunch of changes and was able to get all my planned trips regrouped for now. I was even able to leave a day earlier for two of them and add in a stopover because nothing worked. I am EXP so I know they were trying to everything they could to make some of these work with multiple disconnects. One of them I had to HUCA three times because I ran up against some push back. But now I have to really hope for no more changes.

glocklt4

Level 2 Member
I've had a LOT of schedule changes the past year as well. I agree that it's probably related to US Air merger. Luckily it has been a good thing for me with the ability to move around some things with no charge (since I'm not EXP).