American Airlines Cards-Cancel?

Hanoi IG

Level 2 Member
Hi! My wife and I took advantage of the offers and now both have AAdvantage Citi Premium Select and Barclay Aviator. I'm thinking we should cancel some of these before the fees kick in. Any advice? I was thinking we keep one card but not certain which is more advantageous. thanks!

Josh F

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
Whichever one you call and gives you a better retention offer on! I've had really good luck withe Barclay Aviator

Hanoi IG

Level 2 Member
Whichever one you call and gives you a better retention offer on! I've had really good luck withe Barclay Aviator
Thanks. I didn't know if there were reasons for keeping one over the other, in the perks or other reasons.

baffld

Level 2 Member
Hi - Same subject - I have the personal Citi AA (since 2007), the biz Citi AA for a couple years or so and a few months ago the Barclay AA. Seems a bit much. Fee is due on personal Citi; I just called the number on back of card, 5:30 pm CST Friday. Rep claimed she couldn't transfer me to any retention office, card wasn't eligible (maybe not enough spend. Had a good, legit reason for that, but no go.) So, she didn't care if I cancelled, and she wasn't about to let me talk to anybody higher up. I said I'd think about it some more. HUCA? Is there a better retention number? Any other ideas? Thanks!!

baffld

Level 2 Member
Incidentally, I first called the old Citi Retention #, 800-444-2568. Past couple years, didn't go through to anything. Now goes through to a "canned" call that doesn't identify itself, but I might win a free cruise if I answer the 3 question survey right. Of course, I hung up. Just giving everybody a heads up on this.

ZnMan123

I PC personal cards, cancel business cards. Just FYI, for chase, I would trim down my CL in order to minimize risk of shutdown on personals if you already have a decent amount of credit...