Amazon / Amex MR Problem

bem236

Level 2 Member
Back in August, my mom ordered some products from Amazon using her membership rewards points. The items were damaged in transit and never made it to her house. She contacted Amazon and Amazon supposedly refunded her points. They have never landed back in her American Express MR balance. Amazon says that they initiated the points refund in August and American Express should have received it. American Express says they did not receive the Amazon points refund. American Express says they cannot initiate a dispute because she paid with points and not cash. Has anyone else experience this before? Any advice?

Newgene

You may be able to handle on the Amazon end. Amazon is saying they only "initiated" the refund. I would see if they can confirm they went back to amex, at least as far back as they can track. You may find out it's one of those situations where the points are ready to go back, but they are still sitting on the Amazon side (I would suspect this). If that is the case, Amazon should at least be able to credit them toward another purchase.