Alaska Airlines lounge access

Annie H.

Egalatarian
Noob, kinda, traveler here. Don't have any status on any airlines except AA lounge access through Exec. card. Transitioning through LAX with three hour layover from AA flight to Alaska flight (with terminal change so I don't want to dally moving from Term 4 to Term 6 because going through security again). As I understand it, access to Alaska board rooms from AA partner is limited to Seattle, Portland and Anchorage. Any other way to get access to Alaska Board Room I might not be aware of?

TheBOSman

Staff member
Priority Pass, or buy a one day pass for $45. There is a free airside shuttle bus T4-T6, runs every 20 minutes, so no need to go through security again.

McRingRing

Level 2 Member
If you have Chase Ink you can sign up for a Priority Pass account and you'll get 2 free admissions to participating lounges.

Annie H.

Egalatarian
Thanks guys, BOS-- I googled my heart out and didn't find the airside shuttle bus so perhaps we can hang out in AA lounge in T4--how many minutes/hours (luggage checked through, I hope--SkyWest to Horizon, first time for everything) should I allow before we leave for T6? Merrill Accolades cut me off from PP since I no longer have enough $$ at Merrill (none, actually, as I got the CC long ago from BofA).

McRR-- good info, not sure it's worth it for this trip. Brand new Ink. Will check it out.

TheBOSman

Staff member
Airside bus is definitely there :). http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-merger/1361228-lax-airside-shuttle-aa-t4-t6-inc-eagle-2012-consolidated.html

That said, the bus is only every 20 minutes, so I would leave the T4 AC at least an hour before your flight departs from T6, maybe even an hour and twenty minutes before as sometimes the bus ride can take quite a few minutes if there is traffic (someone decided those big winged things deserved the right of way over the bus, the nerve of some people ;)).

Annie H.

Egalatarian
Airside bus is definitely there :). http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-merger/1361228-lax-airside-shuttle-aa-t4-t6-inc-eagle-2012-consolidated.html

That said, the bus is only every 20 minutes, so I would leave the T4 AC at least an hour before your flight departs from T6, maybe even an hour and twenty minutes before as sometimes the bus ride can take quite a few minutes if there is traffic (someone decided those big winged things deserved the right of way over the bus, the nerve of some people ;)).
Thanks, I hate LAX and usually do everything I can to avoid it, haven't been through in five years. I was figuring about 1.5 hours. That said, SO is recovering from ankle surgery (got us dynamite handicap upgrades on all 3 flights, easy peasy) and either needs to walk very, very slowly or have wheelchair. How far a walk to bus? I did read it's a 5 minute walk but that means double security, right? I was told when arranging for wheelchair that they would go between terminals...
Because of health issues we've only flown once in last 2 years (into EWR no less, I'm still traumatized from driving In NJ! and I grew up in Detroit!) so I feel as though I'm starting all over again with travel. Thanks much for info!

Annie H.

Egalatarian
As long as you duck the heavy amount of anger and snark (particularly in the UA forum), the airline specific forums aren't too bad.
Problem is, I got there, see the snark (I'm a very snarky folk myself) and then have to restrain myself here. Don't mind the snark, it's the anger. Guess I need to make friends w/a mod here :).

Annie H.

Egalatarian
To clarify, with Ink the membership is free, too. Free basic membership and 2 free admissions.
How do I get an "invitation code" to sign up. That's how I found out Merrill/BofA kicked me out, I called them for an invitation code. Do I SM Chase?

TheBOSman

Staff member
They should be able to put the wheelchair onto the shuttle bus. The T4-T6 shuttle bus is rarely full (unlike the T4 bus to the Eagle's Nest). Again, no need for double security as the bus stays within the secure area, though the access point for the bus is downstairs from the main terminal level. Obviously there will be a way to reach it accessible to customers in a wheelchair, but I don't know how difficult this might be. The walk to the bus gate from the AC is long enough that I would go with a wheelchair if there is any difficulty in walking (I've had three severely sprained ankles in my life so I have a slight idea of what SO is going through). It has been a while since I took the LAX shuttle bus though, so you might want to ask on that FT thread (the first person who quotes me saying this with a QFT is banned :D).

Annie H.

Egalatarian
They should be able to put the wheelchair onto the shuttle bus. The T4-T6 shuttle bus is rarely full (unlike the T4 bus to the Eagle's Nest). Again, no need for double security as the bus stays within the secure area, though the access point for the bus is downstairs from the main terminal level. Obviously there will be a way to reach it accessible to customers in a wheelchair, but I don't know how difficult this might be. The walk to the bus gate from the AC is long enough that I would go with a wheelchair if there is any difficulty in walking (I've had three severely sprained ankles in my life so I have a slight idea of what SO is going through). It has been a while since I took the LAX shuttle bus though, so you might want to ask on that FT thread (the first person who quotes me saying this with a QFT is banned :D).
Thanks, double noob here, what's QFT?

TheBOSman

Staff member
Thanks, double noob here, what's QFT?
Quoted For Truth, internet forum lingo. Basically to prevent someone from deleting a post where they said something that could be used against them in the future, such as me recommending to post on FT.

But I am a mod here so I could abuse my powers and delete the posts anyway! Matt knows I would never do that though :).

McRingRing

Level 2 Member
How do I get an "invitation code" to sign up. That's how I found out Merrill/BofA kicked me out, I called them for an invitation code. Do I SM Chase?
Looks like they changed the program from PP to Lounge Club. Not sure if there's a difference, the LAX Boardroom is still there.

Go here:
https://www.loungeprogramenroll.com/inkcard/

The invite code is:
CHASEINK

Then just fill in the details.