Alaska Airlines booked through Korean Airlines

pwd847

Level 2 Member
I plan on flying 1st class on Alaska Airlines metal out of Chicago. I will be booking the flight through Korean Airlines. The Korean Airlines 1st class award on Alaska Airlines is only 40,000 points. I know that on international flights, Korean Airlines allows a stopover on the outbound and a stopover on the inbound flight. What about domestic flights?

I have looked on the Korean Airlines website. I have read blogs that specifically dedicate an article to explaining Korean Airlines and it's "sweet spots." I have looked on Flyertalk. I have even called/online chat Korean Airlines. I cannot find an answer to the rules of Korean Airlines domestic flights. Anyone have any insight?

MaryE

Level 2 Member
I don't know if this helps, but I have flown Korean Air a lot but about 10 years ago. I would fly from LAX and stop over in NRT for six months before heading to my preplanned winter vacation, like New Zealand, and then head back to NRT, to work again, before heading back to LAX about six months later. Saved me tons of money.

MaryE

Level 2 Member
As for domestic, it might be better to just buy a round trip from Seoul to Busan, and back. I wouldn't want to use my miles for that.

pwd847

Level 2 Member
I am using Korean Airline miles. I will be flying on Alaska Airlines. ORD-ANC, and where I go from there depends on the rules.

Maverick17

Level 2 Member
When you click on Alaska Airlines in their partner chart, it has an * with "one stopover permitted", and given the chart is for roundtrip bookings, I would interpret that to mean you get one stopover per round trip. But I have not booked myself, just offering my opinion.

pwd847

Level 2 Member
When you click on Alaska Airlines in their partner chart, it has an * with "one stopover permitted", and given the chart is for roundtrip bookings, I would interpret that to mean you get one stopover per round trip. But I have not booked myself, just offering my opinion.
I am not using the Alaska Airlines rules. I am using Korean Airlines to book and when I called Alaska Airlines, they told me I have to talk to Korean Airlines about booking rules.

dukerau

Level 2 Member
I am not using the Alaska Airlines rules. I am using Korean Airlines to book and when I called Alaska Airlines, they told me I have to talk to Korean Airlines about booking rules.
Maverick was talking about Korean Air's rules/chart for award bookings on Alaska metal. This link may or may not work:

Code:
https://kr.koreanair.com/global/en/skypass/redeem.html#cta-medium=/content/koreanair/global/en/skypass/redeem/partner-airlines-bonus/alaska-airlines
If that doesn't work, go here:
Code:
https://kr.koreanair.com/global/en/skypass/redeem.html#_
and click on the Alaska Airlines logo in the Partner Airlines Bonus section.

pwd847

Level 2 Member
Ah, yes I see that now. Thanks! If I remember correctly I am allowed 7 segments. This should be fun!