Airport lounge at SEA

Annie H.

Egalatarian
I'm going to have a 2.5 hr layover at SEA in late August (24). As I recall @ 8/15/16 one must have a boarding pass to get into United Club. I don't have status on any airline, will be flying Alaska-- I also seem to recall AK doesn't allow one-day passes either. Is my info wrong? Any suggestions on one day lounge access?

Craig

Level 2 Member
You can buy a day pass to the Alaska Board Room for $45. There is one located in the north terminal, and the main one located between the C and D terminals.

Also, the Board Room is covered by Priority Pass if you have one.

italdesign

Level 2 Member
There's a Centurion Studio at B4 if you have Amex Platinum.

You should be able to find one day passes for UA and AS for under $20 on ebay or similar trade value on forums.

Annie H.

Egalatarian
There's a Centurion Studio at B4 if you have Amex Platinum.

You should be able to find one day passes for UA and AS for under $20 on ebay or similar trade value on forums.
I *HAVE* the UA pass and have since found out it can be used with a boarding pass from any airline, terminal prolly too far away from AS for just 2 hrs but thanks for the info.

Craig

Level 2 Member
I *HAVE* the UA pass and have since found out it can be used with a boarding pass from any airline, terminal prolly too far away from AS for just 2 hrs but thanks for the info.
Which terminal are you flying in to? If it's A/B/C/D you can absolutely make it to the Board Room. If it's the N. Satellite (or S. Sat if you are flying internationally), you'll have to take a tram to get there, in which case it might be time prohibitive.

Annie H.

Egalatarian
Which terminal are you flying in to? If it's A/B/C/D you can absolutely make it to the Board Room. If it's the N. Satellite (or S. Sat if you are flying internationally), you'll have to take a tram to get there, in which case it might be time prohibitive.
Funny you should ask, sigh. Alaska will not give out/assign the terminal until 24 hours prior to flight "because there's so much activity there." So I not only don't know the arrival terminal I don't know the departure terminal either. They told me it would either be B, C or N. Connecting flight is to Vancouver, likely a different terminal???

To the other kind folks who answered, thanks I'll explore buying a Board Room pass --I've heard some folks just stand outside and depend on the kindness of strangers to let them in as a guest.

Depending on terminals/time--if I have to switch to Intl.-- not sure it's worth $45 for a less than 2 hr. one day pass to the Board Room and the question remains whether I have time to make it to UA Club in Terminal A.

I have no other lounge access, passes or CCs that allow.

Craig

Level 2 Member
Funny you should ask, sigh. Alaska will not give out/assign the terminal until 24 hours prior to flight "because there's so much activity there." So I not only don't know the arrival terminal I don't know the departure terminal either. They told me it would either be B, C or N. Connecting flight is to Vancouver, likely a different terminal???

To the other kind folks who answered, thanks I'll explore buying a Board Room pass --I've heard some folks just stand outside and depend on the kindness of strangers to let them in as a guest.

Depending on terminals/time--if I have to switch to Intl.-- not sure it's worth $45 for a less than 2 hr. one day pass to the Board Room and the question remains whether I have time to make it to UA Club in Terminal A.

I have no other lounge access, passes or CCs that allow.
Multiple times I have invited someone in that was outside the lounge - one of the benefits of the Priority Pass.

Sounds like you'll have to play it by ear. I work at SeaTac, and Alaska is all over the place. Depending on the day, you could end up at any one of those terminals. Hope for B/C. Even if it's the N terminal, you might have enough time for a couple of drinks and a snack if that's what you're after.

As to your other question, I have only flown to Vancouver twice, both as a stopover on a long haul international flight. I believe our flights were out of the N Satellite.

Annie H.

Egalatarian
Multiple times I have invited someone in that was outside the lounge - one of the benefits of the Priority Pass.

Sounds like you'll have to play it by ear. I work at SeaTac, and Alaska is all over the place. Depending on the day, you could end up at any one of those terminals. Hope for B/C. Even if it's the N terminal, you might have enough time for a couple of drinks and a snack if that's what you're after.

As to your other question, I have only flown to Vancouver twice, both as a stopover on a long haul international flight. I believe our flights were out of the N Satellite.
Thanks, I was also thinking Vancouver would be N. Approx how long would it take to get from B/C to N? I'm flying-- should have said this earlier-- Horizon, a Bombardier Turboprop (at my little airport, STS, I get to walk on the tarmac to the plane, feels so old-fashioned)-- do you know if that will make any gate difference ?

Craig

Level 2 Member
Thanks, I was also thinking Vancouver would be N. Approx how long would it take to get from B/C to N? I'm flying-- should have said this earlier-- Horizon, a Bombardier Turboprop (at my little airport, STS, I get to walk on the tarmac to the plane, feels so old-fashioned)-- do you know if that will make any gate difference ?
15 minutes or so from B/C to N, though if you're on a Bombardier Q-series, you'll likely fly into the C terminal.

Annie H.

Egalatarian
15 minutes or so from B/C to N, though if you're on a Bombardier Q-series, you'll likely fly into the C terminal.
Thank you. Looks a bit like a PIA if I land at one gate, try to get to A for UA lounge, then depart from another. Flight from SEA to YVR is also Bombardier--likely same gate?

Craig

Level 2 Member
Thank you. Looks a bit like a PIA if I land at one gate, try to get to A for UA lounge, then depart from another. Flight from SEA to YVR is also Bombardier--likely same gate?
Yep, probably will be the same terminal/gate.