Airline food at home?

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I just came across this article. Can anyone here attest that Lufthansa Business Class offerings are really *that* delicious?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-2762027/New-Allyouneed-com-food-service-delivers-PLANE-MEALS-straight-door-7-85.html
I do want to beat my head into a wall whenever people get excited about long haul flights, even in Biz or F - you are still strapped into a dentist chair with crappy food, sometimes OK booze, and very gaseous traveling companions...

TheBOSman

Staff member
I do want to beat my head into a wall whenever people get excited about long haul flights, even in Biz or F - you are still strapped into a dentist chair with crappy food, sometimes OK booze, and very gaseous traveling companions...
Yes, but in Biz or F you have a few extra feet from those traveling companions, which can make all the difference...

TheBOSman

Staff member
You can do that in Biz too, anything goes up there...
You can do it in F too...;)

I've never really had an airplane meal that I would have paid more than $10-15 for on the ground, and that was only for some international F (caviar excluded but I probably wouldn't pay for the caviar). The champagne and wines are different of course, as well as the Royal Blue tea on JL F. The burger I had in the QF MEL F lounge on the other hand, I'd pay a good amount to have that again.

vike

Level 2 Member
I have had some pretty good food in F, particularly on Asiana and ANA. Overall, maybe 1/3 of the offerings are worthwhile. Deserts seem to be pretty easy to do right.

pillow25

Level 2 Member
Also taste bud sensitivity decreases at high altitude, so chances are that what tastes good on the flight won't be quite as good on the ground (except for the alcohol and caviar of course :))