Adding meetups and events to the Calendar

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
You can now add your meetup and events to the forum calendar. The process is thread driven.

By Thread Driven I mean you need to create the thread, then add it to the Calendar rather than click in the Calendar and add a thread. When you do this the thread will be Hyperlinked into the Calendar.

How to:

Create thread.
Add thread to Calendar using thread tools:

Calendar.PNG

Permissions

• Calendar tab is only available to Level 2 members
  • Calendar events from Private groups will be visible to the rest of Level 2, but they can read the thread title and a quick preview, but cannot click through to view the thread.
  • You can only add or remove your own threads at this time, if the OP is not around and you want one added, PM me.

SanDiego1K

Level 2 Member
What is a DO?
It's a get together. It's a term pioneered on FlyerTalk perhaps 14 years ago. For years, it meant more than one activity, so generally a get together that spanned a night. Now common usage is for any get together of like minded travelers/mileage earners.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
It's a get together. It's a term pioneered on FlyerTalk perhaps 14 years ago. For years, it meant more than one activity, so generally a get together that spanned a night. Now common usage is for any get together of like minded travelers/mileage earners.
As a Brit, I'd have to say that it might have been pioneered on FT for the US market, but back home it has much older roots :)

• This series was set in a fictional Yorkshire town and based on the books by David Nobbs, the creator of Reginald Perrin and Henry Pratt. Each episode took place at a different social function (a "do") and followed the changing lives of two families, the working-class Simcocks and the middle-class Rodenhursts, together with their respective friends, Rodney and Betty Sillitoe, and Neville Badger.

- Written by Martin Underwood <imdb@martinunderwood.f9.co.uk>