About that AA Executive card you kept…

Domat

Level 2 Member
I am trying to go through the same decision myself. There seems to be a lot of limitations to the doublecash for MS.

From what I can tell you do not get 2% for AGC or NW Buxx. You only get 1% for those.

How about USB?

any other avenues?

Andres

Level 2 Member
Is Citi still allowing conversions to Citi Dividend? I'm glad I kept my Dividend Card. As ElIngeniero pointed out, the Double Cash isn't MS friendly, so why have it?

Also, can you convert an AA Executive prior to the 12 month mark? If I remember correctly, you can't convert a card unless it is a year old.

Andres

Level 2 Member
I knew that doublecash is (one of) the best (cashback) card for everyday spend, but from your post it sounded (to me) that Dividend is somehow little better. Didn't have enough time to research and called to PC to it, but rep warned me about the $300 annual cap (only now I see you've mentioned), so I PCd to doublecash of course.
Just wanted to leave a post after yours so people who will be calling to pc realize that they can't get more than $300 back per year with Dividend (although 5% in Bestbuy in fall is very nice)
and DoubleCash for most of the people in this forum will be a better option.
I don't know if the $300 cap per year is real. I earned $300 in cashback by April 2014, thanks to the Q1 drugstore category. In August 2014, I made a 1% purchase, and got cashback for it. This year I will test to see if the $300 cap applies only to the 5% categories.

Gatelouse

Level 2 Member
Also, can you convert an AA Executive prior to the 12 month mark? If I remember correctly, you can't convert a card unless it is a year old.
Correct you have to wait until it's a year old. I called a few days ago to convert and that was the response.

milesaway733

Level 2 Member
Wasn't really sure where to post a retention offer about the AA Exe, mods please move if necessary.

I called in yesterday and received two offers: 1) $100 stmt credit + 5k miles for $1,500 spend per month or 2) spend $5k in 3 months (not per month) and get 15k miles. I only have 1 AA Exe - 100k miles + $200 stmt credit, my one year is coming up on my May stmt.

Yeshu

Level 2 Member
Wasn't really sure where to post a retention offer about the AA Exe, mods please move if necessary.

I called in yesterday and received two offers: 1) $100 stmt credit + 5k miles for $1,500 spend per month or 2) spend $5k in 3 months (not per month) and get 15k miles. I only have 1 AA Exe - 100k miles + $200 stmt credit, my one year is coming up on my May stmt.
Not worth it...if they are not going to waive the annual fee, just cancel it..

milesaway733

Level 2 Member
Not worth it...if they are not going to waive the annual fee, just cancel it..
Agreed, not worth the AF. But.....

I took the $5k spend offer in 3 months. My plan is to hit the $5k spend this weekend, hopefully the 15k will post on my April statement and I will cancel the card come May. AF doesn't hit until May statement, I'll have 37 days once it hits to cancel to get a full refund.

avagyan

Level 2 Member
Isn't it better to PC to any other free card and get AF refunded like I did? BTW did you get another (second) $200 credit?

avagyan

Level 2 Member
I plan to PC and get a refund on the AF. I did not receive a 2nd $200 credit. Is there a way to trigger the 2nd credit?
No It seems that was a glitch some have received, all had AA spend, so I've tried and purchased $201 AA eGC and ended up getting nothing with the GC which can't even be redeemed on award taxes and fees, only flights..

DeanT

Level 2 Member
Anyone planning on applying for the Exec card needs to go to FT and read the thread there. It appears that churning the Exec card is now DOA except if it has been over 18 months since you cancelled the last Exec card.

DeanT

Level 2 Member
If you read FT, it appears that all the links without the 18 month language have been pulled. A couple of people over there are trying some new links but it does not look hopeful.

kidooo

Level 2 Member
Guess it's time to move to other Citi products,

does anyone know if thank you points work like UR, meaning they stay in account as long as you have a valid Thank You credit card, and if so, is there a no annual fee thank you card?

i want to get the prestige with the 50K but no interest in keeping the card

DeanT

Level 2 Member
Really do think it is dead. Applied with link in FT 6a, received the card today, activated it and started a chat to verify benefits. NO BONUS miles.

Annie H.

Egalatarian
My SO and I just received an offer of $100 credit for Global Entry or Pre Check. Apparently this offer has been around since 4/20 but I missed it and we just got the email today.

I've heard from a couple folks that the wait for an interview at SFO is 4-5 months. I even know one woman who scheduled a long layover at SAN during a trip, rented a car and went there for the interview because they wanted to use GE on an upcoming trip in less than 3 months. Homeland Security, gotta love 'em!

Last edited:

avagyan

Level 2 Member
FYI
GLOBAL ENTRY/TSA STATEMENT CREDIT posts on the statement day
In NYC approval took few days and they're bugging me every day to schedule the interview right away
Since your application was conditionally approved, as of May... our system does not register the scheduling of an interview to finalize your enrollment.

To prevent your application from being cancelled, please schedule an interview immediately. Most enrollment centers have appointments available up to 4 months. To schedule an interview, access your GOES account, click on the "Schedule Interview" button and select an enrollment center and date for your interview. You can always reschedule your interview up to 24 hours prior to the already scheduled appointment. If you need to cancel an appointment within 24 hours, please contact the enrollment center to be rescheduled.

Annie H.

Egalatarian
FYI
GLOBAL ENTRY/TSA STATEMENT CREDIT posts on the statement day
In NYC approval took few days and they're bugging me every day to schedule the interview right away
Thanks for the info. will wait to get the approval which we haven't gotten yet. I've also heard--but need to research further--that one can try for a walk-in appointment if one is prepared to wait but as I said above it's supposedly a 4-5 mo. wait last I heard. We shall see what my approval email says. It's a 3+ RT for me to SFO.

avagyan

Level 2 Member
completed my interview in JFK.. I figured that interview scheduling updates a lot. Meaning if you check and refresh often you might find availability for the next day. Manhattan location was booked till August, JFK was widely available, I've scheduled at JFK, but checked the Manhattan just out of curiosity and saw availability. After some time it was gone but other dates became available. I went to JFK though. So schedule for future it seems that you can reschedule afterwards, although you have to put something in the "reason for rescheduling" text box..

BrianMizzou

Level 2 Member
So, I screwed up and forgot to cancel my wife's Citi AA Exec card and the $450 AF posted. To make matters worse, my wife overlooked the email with the statement and by the time Citi called us to inform us the payment was late, the annual fee had been billed for 2 statements.

Citi said they cannot refund/prorate the annual fee if we close the card because we are past the 37 day window. Do I have any other options (product change, etc) to try and salvage this and minimize my losses? I do not use the admiral club so the benefits are useless to me.

I realize this was completely on me so I'll eat the fee if I need to but I'm trying to minimize losses if possible.

avagyan

Level 2 Member
I saw your message at FT, it seems that you've eventually PCd to TY Preferred with $375 prorated AF back. I've been in the same situation, except it wasn't my fault, but Citi's. They've said that they can't PC unless the account is 1 year old. Not even talking about refund. You've got lucky or they've changed PC policy.

nrdk

Level 2 Member
@Dr Moose I've read a couple different places that it's possible, however every club I've gone to actually swipes the card so I don't see how it would be

Dr Moose

Level 2 Member
@Dr Moose I've read a couple different places that it's possible, however every club I've gone to actually swipes the card so I don't see how it would be
It's been working for me thus far. :)

Wanted to know if others have had the same good fortune as I have.

nickelfish1

Level 2 Member
I wonder how long it took this guy to find mention of underwear, in this forum, so he could put "sexy" in front of it so people would click his website.

PS...don't tell hubs I have a sexy underwear drawer. I save it to use along with the good china and crystal.