AAA Visa Travel Card Reloadable

Skywardbd

Level 2 Member
I've searched the forum- several forums, actually- and can't find any information on this card. Our local AAA office sells them. $4.95 fee. Can be reloaded on-line with Visa or MasterCard, but not American Express. I'd like to find out if reloading with Chase or Barclay cards will post as a cash advance before I jump in on this. (I know sometimes Barclay and Chase will initially classify reloads on other products as a cash advance, but ultimately post as a purchase. I just assumd Citi and US Bank would post as a cash advance, as they generally do with reloadable products.) Was hoping someone in the forum had some experience and could shed some light on this card? Thanks!

projectx

Level 2 Member
Interesting card. Do they have different fees for different areas? For example notable fees for my area:

Purchase Fee: $14.95
Online Load Fee: Up to $30
AAA Location Reloads: $0

Still, definitely not a deal breaker. Can have your name imprinted on it or does it just say "Travel Card". I couldn't find the answer on the site.

What would be really great is if these could be reloaded at their self-service express kiosk locations.

Skywardbd

Level 2 Member
My understanding is that it can be loaded locally at an AAA office or online. I've read some posts on other forums that have alluded to the card and indicate that loads code as a cash advance. I'm trying to find out if that is true for all credit cards or just some such as Citi and US Bank.

ctbarron

Level 2 Member
My recollection on this card was that it could not be loaded online despite what the docs said. You had to go into an office. I don't know about the cash advance issue.

TeamZissou

Level 2 Member
I got this card a year ago hoping to be able to load with my AAA visa for a no fee 3% cash back option.

Sadly, it was processed as a cash advance. I still remember chatting with the teller and she specifically brought her supervisor over to make sure she ran it properly as a cash advance. Mentioned something about how they will get dinged by the auditor if they don't code it correctly.

Anyway, your mileage may vary but this did not yield the result I was hoping for...