AA Status Challenge Question

Matt S NYC

Level 2 Member
My SO and I have flights that will net us each 10k EQP from 12/24 - 12/28. I had intended to do the AA Status Challenge which gives you 90 days to get 10k EQP, but today I read that AA may be discontinuing these challenges as of the 23rd. I need this challenge to start the last day of September or later for my flights to be within 90 days.

Do you guys have any thoughts on the best way to achieve this? My plan is to call tomorrow and just outright ask them if I can start the challenge on 10/1.

smittytabb

Staff member
My SO and I have flights that will net us each 10k EQP from 12/24 - 12/28. I had intended to do the AA Status Challenge which gives you 90 days to get 10k EQP, but today I read that AA may be discontinuing these challenges as of the 23rd. I need this challenge to start the last day of September or later for my flights to be within 90 days.

Do you guys have any thoughts on the best way to achieve this? My plan is to call tomorrow and just outright ask them if I can start the challenge on 10/1.
I am not sure where the bloggers are getting their intel on when the AA Status Challenges will end. I would definitely call AA and ask if you can start on 10/1. It sounds logical and all they can say is yes or no.

Matt S NYC

Level 2 Member
No. I read up on FT and every report came back negative of people who were trying to do the same thing. Saved me the trouble of calling.