Aa: Lax-dca-dfw-hkg-dfw-dca-lax $917, 23177, 3.95cpm!!!!

DL172

Level 2 Member
A Killer mileage run but requires overnights in D.C. (both directions) and HKG If anyone wants to do this with me, I'm up for it.

TheBOSman

Staff member
Just watch out for the same flight number DCA-DFW-HKG and reverse, AA will credit you only for DCA-HKG direct instead of DCA-DFW-HKG if you book the same flight number DCA-DFW-HKG, this is a difference of over 1200 miles each way!

TheBOSman

Staff member
Yes, just avoid the DCA-DFW that has the same flight number as the DFW-HKG, and same for the reverse. It might stretch the layovers a little longer but it should be worth the extra time :).

smittytabb

Staff member
Yes, just avoid the DCA-DFW that has the same flight number as the DFW-HKG, and same for the reverse. It might stretch the layovers a little longer but it should be worth the extra time :).
Yes, I have taken that flight. It is bizarre. The flight from DCA to DFW and DFW to HKG have the same flight number. You are on different planes, mind you, and change in DFW, but you get credit for DCA to HKG. No clue why. I went on to Taipei on Cathay after that and got no miles for that segment b/c of the highly discounted fare. I knew both these things going in and did it anyway for less than $800 to TPE. Used two systemwides so it ended up being worth it despite getting a lot fewer miles than the routing.

dodachacha

Level 2 Member
No, sorry :(
Found LAX-DFW-DCA-DFW-HKG-DFW-DCA-LAS-LAX for $1,047.40, 23381mi @ 4.48cpm (or 23645mi/4.43cpm with 500-mile minimum for LAS-LAX). Spend $400 for the gold preferred challenge to ensure MCE, throw on another ~$300 for a ~6k domestic MR, hellooo EXP. 8 SWUs and 50k RDMs for <$2k. SO TEMPTING.

DL172

Level 2 Member
Found LAX-DFW-DCA-DFW-HKG-DFW-DCA-LAS-LAX for $1,047.40, 23381mi @ 4.48cpm (or 23645mi/4.43cpm with 500-mile minimum for LAS-LAX). Spend $400 for the gold preferred challenge to ensure MCE, throw on another ~$300 for a ~6k domestic MR, hellooo EXP. 8 SWUs and 50k RDMs for <$2k. SO TEMPTING.
The 8SWUs is what I was going for. If we were to wait till July, would we get 8 SWUs for 2015 and 2016?