9-23-14 Groupon 9x through AA portal, How to Scale it to 18x or More

BigHabitat

Level 2 Member
AAdvantageeshopping portal is offering 9x points on groupon through the AA portal:

If you remember, Groupon recently had a 15x bonus through the United portal which I wrote about here. And if you will indulge me, I’ll repeat some of the text and expand on it a little based on recent experience:

9x is great, but lets do better

• You could try a double dip (buy groupon gift cards then go back and buy stuff). I don’t know if this will work (I kind of doubt it…), but you would get 18x of sweet, sweet AA miles [ok, I did not test this last time with AA, so don't know if that works]
    • Wait, can’t you get Groupon gift cards at Staples? Yes, you should be able to get them in-store or even online. You can try for an online portal bonus, but good luck with that. Use your Chase Ink card and get another 5x! [Actually the online bonus tracked - Bought Groupon gift cards at Staples through Chase Portal with Ink Bold card - so 9x additional points. Note that buying the egift cards took one business day last time. I ordered more yesterday, let's see if they arrive over the weekend. But be warned, the portal bonus lasts 4 more days according to the graphic which aren't always right - so there is a real risk you won't get them in time for this 9x bonus]
    • If that doesn’t work for you you could get them at your grocery store or gas station for those rewards. These fuel points plus a 5% back grocery bonus card would be killer…. And as for the gift cards, I think you can just add the totals to your account like an Amazon gift card. [I did this too.. 5% plus 4000 fuel points for $1000 in cards at Kroger, which means I could theoretically save $1 x 35 gallons of gas four times, or $140! I can easily save half of that with a 17 gal tank, and a little more by bringing a few gas cans]
      This is likely the best option, if you can use up the fuel points!
    • You can use my Groupon referral link: while it’s true you won’t get any extra cash or miles I will get $10 in Groupon Bucks and you will get an immensely satisfying feeling (try it to test it out!). C’mon, I did say “lets” do better in the title here! [no update here but always appreciated]
What did I buy last time?

I’ll only tell you if I am prevented from buying it again! If so, I’ll update this here.

Of course it was in the electronics category..

Continue reading...