9-10-14 Sears – 9x Bonus at AAdvantage Mall = 19x total (and cost me 12,000 miles!); $115 back...

BigHabitat

Level 2 Member
Bam. A big Sears bonus is back. And while this won’t get you companion pass status, you can rack up AA miles quickly.

And it still specifically includes gift cards (See last sentence in terms and conditions below):

This means you can get an incredible 19x on Sears purchases:

1. Go through the AA portal to Sears
  2. Buy gift cards (9x AA points + 1x your credit card points)
  3. Go through the AA portal again to buy stuff at Sears (9x more AA points)
How this cost me 12,000 points:

Simple. Yesterday I bought $2000 in gift cards through Chase UR and earned 10,000 points. Then I spend $1000 of that and earned another 5000 points. Total earnings: 15,000 UR points. Not too bad for a day.

If I had done those same purchases today I would have received 27,000 points.

What to buy:

Ah, the eternal question at Sears. Here are some possibilities (don’t say I didn’t hook you up…):

• Something you actually need (yeah, sorry about that, I’ll move on..)
  • Samsung tablets. The big caveat is that these can’t be sold as new on Amazon. The upside is that some, like the Samsung Galaxy tab s 10.5 inch, are offering a bonus 100,000 in points (about ~110k total with the normal points). And while there seems to be a 2-item limit, this seems to have been reset
  • Acer tablets – there are a number of 7 and 8′ tablets with $50 back in SYW points
  • Nintendo Wii U – at Amazon’s price with $46 in SYW points
  • TomTom 1605 GPS – at Amazon’s price with $50 in SYW points back
Note that most SYW deals are limited to 2 and require a SYW account to receive the points.

And remember – we like big SYW point bonuses because this allows us to go back and earn more portal points when we redeem them.

Other purchase ideas? Let us know in the comments!

$116 off Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 inch

Need a Kindle? Today is your day. Take advantage of the Sears promo today and a sale on this fine tablet.

The tablet is on sale for $339 ($379 at Amazon!) and gives you about $116 back in SYW points (yours might be a few dollars less). That’s a net price of about $240 after tax, plus you get over 6000 AA points with the 18-19x bonus. No, you can’t sell it new on Amazon, but you could sell on ebay and it’s great for the kiddies.

Continue reading...