8-26-14 Lets Dwell on Dell – TV Deals – LG TVs: 50″ for $349; 60″ for 449 net price w/ Amex...

BigHabitat

Level 2 Member
Hopefully you signed up for the AMEX Sync offer with Dell for $50 back on $599 or more..

I did alert you to this deal when it came out (see here).

I’m not sure if it is still available since I signed up all of my eligible cards, but there is still time to use it. And if you bought something when the Sync deal came out you may have received some “epromo gift certificates” or is it “promotional eGift cards”? Doesn’t matter, if you have them they will expire in a month or two so lets go looking for some deals

Portal Bonuses… 10% Shopdiscover or 5x Chase Ultimate Rewards

Here is a bit of a dilemma. I would typically take 10% cash back over 5x Chase Ultimate rewards. But lets assume I will pay with an AMEX card with the Sync offer.

While loyal reader MLH pointed out that he always gets ShopDiscover credit while never using his Discover card to pay, equally loyal reader Matt suggested that perhaps SD is getting a little stricter…

I’ll probably go with the Chase 5x.

What to buy? How about some TVs?

TV Price eGift Cert. Net Net w/ 10% CB Amazon Amazon rank
Samsung Series 4 32-inch UN32EH4003FXZA 720p LED HDTV 218 125 93 71 218 #386 Electronics
VIZIO 32 Inch LED Smart TV E320I-B1 HDTV 258 125 133 107 250 #376 Electronics
Sharp 39 Inch LED TV 39LE551U HDTV 299 125 174 144 299 #672 Electronics
Samsung 40 Inch LED Smart TV UN40H5203AF HDTV 397 150 247 207 398 #1418 Electronics
LG 50-inch LED TV – 50LN5400 Full HDTV pl 599 200 399 339 536 #2896 Electronics
Vizio 55 Inch LED Smart TV M552I-B2 HDTV 899 300 599 509 849 Don’t even think about it..
LG 60 Inch Plasma Smart TV 60PB6650 HDTV 749 250 499 424 749 Don’t even think about it..
Hey where’s that $349 net 50 inch TV you promised?

Don’t forget if you have an Amex card with the Dell Sync deal you will get $50 off $599 or more. Thus, the LG 50-inch TV for $599 becomes $549, plus the $200 promo egift certificate is $349 net. Yes you likely owe some tax, but I didn’t count the portal bonus either so its not click bait! By the way, here is a link to the most amazing Facebook story ever!

Or maybe you need a monitor?

This is a 27″ monitor, which while bulky, is still a manageable 23 pounds. Shipping to Amazon won’t be that bad, The Amazon price is about $279 as well, and after about $29 in fees it will net $250. Your cost is $279 + tax, but remember you are getting a $100 Dell promo egift card. You are also getting back on the epromo gift card treadmill as in a few weeks you will search for the next deal.

You want cash? How about a Free After Rebate item to turn $65 into a Visa card?

Then try the “M3 PC cAfee Total Protection 2014″…

Now I presume that this is a MacAfee product for 3 PC’s where somebody fat-fingered the title by inserting “3 PC” in the wrong place in the title. If it arrives and says “M3 PC cAfee”, I wouldn’t install it. In any case there is a rebate form which states that you will get a Visa card back in 8-10 weeks.

Special Resale Warning for Dell

Before anyone goes crazy on these deals I wanted to highlight the experience of one reader.

Reader Ryno writes:

I just wanted to warn you all about the Dell Promo Gift card deals. They say that they’ve identified my account as a reseller and are refusing to send me over $3000 worth of gift cards. I’m going to try and take them to small claims court, but you should probably warn readers if you post future deals from Dell.

And if you actually pulled up the terms of the promo cards there you find this:

Delivery and Restrictions

4. Promotional e-Gift Card ships separately from purchase and typically arrives in 10-20 days from ship date via email and carries a 90 day expiration (except where prohibited by law). Email address required for eGift Card delivery. Limit of 5 Promo Cards per customer for PC sales and limit of 10 Promo Cards per customer for electronic & accessory sales. Not valid for resellers and/or online auctions. Large Enterprise, Federal and Public orders are excluded from Promotional Gift Card offers

So be careful out there. I don’t know if those are cumulative limits, linked by account or address, etc. I can’t speak as to what would cause Dell to identify an account as a reseller. Obviously $3000 in gift cards implies some pretty substantial purchases, but is it total volume, purchase history, high quantities of the same item, purchases in the same category, multiple purchases over a particular period or something else that triggered it? Just consider that if you are purchasing something or if you think you would be close to the 5 card or 10 card limit.

Continue reading...