8-22-14 Sears One Day 9x SouthWest Portal Bonus – Up to 19x AND if you are Sears VIP – 15%...

B

bighabitat

Folks, good times are here again. The fantastic 9x Southwest Portal Bonus for Sears is back, and apparently for one day only.

How good is this deal? Fantastic because the terms and conditions specifically allow gift cards. So you should be able to get an easy 19x on Sears purchases today by buying gift cards (9x portal bonus + 1x credit card + 9x portal bonus for buying stuff). Or you can stock up on some gift cards to get the 9x bonus now plus whatever bonuses are available later. And Sears typically has at least 3-5x miles offers, or good cash back offers (10% Shopdiscover).

This was the deal that enabled me to get 2 Southwest Companion Passes in one month…

And remember, you can get more than 1 cent per dollar in value on Southwest point redemptions. Frequent Miler found these typically return over 1.6 cents per dollar in value. That would be about 29% back

AND IT GETS EVEN BETTER FOR SOME…

Get Your Sears VIP Cyber Days On for 15% Back in Points (Platinum VIPs only)

This one kind of crept up on me since I’m on vacation in Maui, but is one of my favorite Sears/Kmart promotions.

Basically if you are a Sears VIP Platinum member you can get an additional 15% back in points for today and tomorrow. The good news is this typically works on just about all products, including electronics and hot buys where most Sears coupons fail.

Here’s the steps:

1. Check your email for one from VIP Shop Your Way. Mine was titled “★VIP freebie: 1-year magazine subscription”
  2. In the email there will be a blurb about VIP cyber days. Click the button to load to your account
    • For a double dip opportunity go through your favorite portal and buy or reload up to $1000 of Sears gift cards. After an hour or so call the Sears fraud / order verification line at 1-888-396-5299 to speed the process along since gift cards almost always require it.
    • Once you have your gift cards loaded, go through a portal again to buy the stuff
    • At checkout make sure to apply the VIP Platinum coupon and verify that the 15% in points are reflected in the total
    • Try adding any additional coupons to get additional points or discounts – making sure that the 15% VIP coupon still works after adding another coupon
Best portal options for Sears VIP day:

• Southwest (9x Southwest points as covered above)
  • Chase Ultimate Rewards (5x UR points for Sears / 3x for Kmart). If you don’t live near a Southwest hub, miss the one-day SW portal bonus or just prefer UR points then I would use this for the gift cards since the terms say; Eligible for rewards on purchase of gift cards effective from and after June 1, 2014.
  • Shop Discover (10% back) – I would only use this on the actual purchase
Amazon Mom is the Bomb!

I am a big fan of Amazon’s prime service and also use the Amazon Mom service for additional discounts on baby stuff, which is why I received an email with a referral link to share with friends.

Basically Amazon Mom is a free trial of Amazon prime with some additional benefits.

I’ve listed the benefits below straight from the Amazon site. If you are interested, here is my referral link to sign up. Full disclosure: I will get $15 and you will get $5 plus the free trail of Amazon Mom. It will not earn you any points or miles, or get you into any Park Hyatts.

C’mon, let’s make this the day I outearn TravelBloggerBuzz with Amazon affiliate revenue. I’m counting on at least Matt to sign up which should ensure success…

Here are the benefits:

What is Amazon Mom?

Amazon Mom is a Prime membership program aimed at helping parents and caregivers in the prenatal through toddler years use Amazon to find and save on products that families need. Amazon Mom is open to anyone, whether you’re a mom, dad, grandparent or caretaker. New members are eligible for a 30-day free trial that includes a free trial of Prime in addition to Amazon Mom exclusive benefits. To receive these discounts, you must be in the Amazon Mom 30-day free trial or be the primary holder of the Amazon Mom and Prime account for $99 a year.

Prime Benefits Provided During the 30-Day Free Trial

• Free Two-Day Shipping on millions of items.
  • Unlimited instant streaming of thousands of movies and TV shows.
  • Unlimited, ad-free access to over a million songs and hundreds of playlists.
  • A Kindle book to borrow for free each month from the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library.
  • Other Prime benefits, including the ability to invite up to four household members to share your Prime shipping benefits for free.
Amazon Mom Exclusive Benefits During the 30-Day Free Trial

• 20% off diapers with a Subscribe & Save subscription. This discount includes a 5% Subscribe and Save discount plus a 15% Amazon Mom member discount. The maximum discount on diapers is 20%, regardless of the number of Subscribe and Save items arriving on your monthly delivery day.
  • A 15% baby registry completion discount. The 15% baby registry completion discount is available 30 days before your child’s arrival date and can be redeemed on eligible items from your Amazon.com baby registry.
  • Access to Amazon Mom exclusive discounts and deals.
Benefits After the 30-Day Free Trial

At the end of the 30-day free trial, Amazon Mom members will continue to receive the Amazon Prime and Amazon Mom Free Trial benefits listed above for $99 a year.

Current Amazon Prime Members

If you’re already an Amazon Prime member and you sign up for Amazon Mom, you’ll receive all Amazon Mom benefits for free. Note: If you cancel your Prime membership, you will no longer be eligible to receive the additional Amazon Mom discount on Subscribe & Save items and access to other deals and discounts.

Eligibility

Any customer who has ever received Prime shipping benefits through Amazon Mom or Amazon Student is ineligible for the Amazon Mom free period. We also consider your free or paid Prime membership history when determining eligibility. Amazon Mom is limited to one membership per household.

For the Mom Terms & Conditions, click here.

Continue reading...