7-30-15 A good day… to buy a computer at Staples for 20% off. Today only. Better than MOARC!

BigHabitat

Level 2 Member

Here is a new and interesting coupon for the Staples arsenal…

Now because this includes computers, I contend that this is better than the infamous MOARC coupon (e.g., 25% back in rewards) which is actually still going on. And far better than coupons on Clearance computers because we all know there are none on the shelves when they run one of those.

Here are the terms:

Valid in Staples® U.S. stores only. Excludes select HP PCs, HP Stream family, tablets, Microsoft Surface and the ASUS X205. While supplies last. Limit one coupon per customer, nontransferable. Each item purchased can only be discounted by one coupon, applied by cashier in the order received and prior to tax. Coupon not valid if purchased or sold and must be surrendered. No cash/credit back. Not valid on prior purchases or purchases made with Staples® Procurement or Convenience Cards. Expires 7/30/15.

Make it better…

• Use gift cards that you got from the ebay deal this week ($170 for $200 gift card)
  • Use your Chase Ink card for 5x points
  • Get $50 off if you are a student (check first page of Staples weekly ad)
Best deal is probably the Dell core i3 computer for $299 from the weekly ad, selling for $379 on Amazon and #128 in Computers. But good luck – none near me, none in Northern Virginia, and only 1 within a 20 mile radius of New York city (I checked just for kicks).

So again, this is YMMV, and some HP computers are excluded, but worth checking out.

Current MOARC confusion

Is the current MOARC good for 1 item or your entire order? I don’t know. The coupon says save 25% storewide but then the disclaimer says “Purchase a qualifying item and earn 25% back in Staples Rewards”. So do we read this as each qualifying item counts? My guess is the whole order like past ones, but I’m not going to bet the farm. I think I’ll just buy a computer instead…

Continue reading...