6-9-15 TCB 2.25% on Amex Bus Cards; 31-66%+ Off at JCPenney; 5x/$ at Office Depot (excl....

BigHabitat

Level 2 Member

Top Cash Back has 2.25% on Amex Business Gift Cards.

Today only. Business cards only. Only denominations <$2,000 are eligible. Don’t use codes if you like cashback.

Here is my referral link if you are interested in signing up ($10 bonus for you and I when you earn $10 in cash back. Thanks to 6 who have signed up to date and especially the 3 that met the spending requirement! #bigtimeblogger).

20% off Select Gift Cards from Amazon

Here is the link to Amazon and here are some of the stores:

• TGI Friday’s
  • Shake and Steak
  • JCPenney
  • Jiffy Lube
  • Cold Stone Creamery
  • Pacific Sunwear
  • Logan’s Roadhouse
  • Legal Seafoods
  • Longhorn Steakhouse
Ok, not the largest selection in the world, but if you dine at Fridays and shop at JCPenney, this deals for you! (Not sure how many of my reader demographic does this, but you are a creative lot)

It would be nice if you could use Amazon gift cards bought at Staples with a 5x card to buy these discounted cards, but the terms so you can’t pay with gift cards and I’m pretty sure I’ve tried to in the past without success.

As such, this might only be really interesting if you could stack the discount with something else…

Friends and Family sale at JCPenney up to 25% off

Oh, btw there is a friends and family sale on select categories which could give up to 25%. While its limited to certain categories, one is home which would include small kitchen appliances for all you nostalgic Kohl’s resellers…

JCPenney 30-66% off…

JCPenney is hardly the ultimate reselling store, but here at BigHabitat we don’t judge, so lets work with it and see if we can cobble a deal together with these various promos

1. Buy 20% discounted JCPenney gift cards at Amazon (21% including at least 1% for the card)
  2. Go through Discover Deals to get another 10% back (31%)
  3. Buy items that are eligible for the 25% (56%)
  4. Hope that Discover deals doubles your cash back after one year (66%)
Get 5x per dollar at Office Depot without an Ink Bold

Yes, I realize this post might have been more helpful yesterday with the OfficeMax flash sale going on, but I assume most of you would default to your Chase Ink card anyway.

But if you are trying to hit minimum spend thresholds or save your Ink Bold capacity there is another way to use any CC to get 4x United points and 1x from your card of choice. (Please feel free to add derogatory comments about United, how you would never fly them again, and how XX airline is better in the comments section)

1. Go to United.com and add the card you would like to use to your profile
  2. Download the Mileage PlusX app if you haven’t already
  3. Go to OfficeDepot.com (through a portal of course)
  4. After shopping, go to the payment page, launch your Mileage X app, and generate gift cards for the total
  5. Note: you will have to do max $200 at a time, with the balance on a final gift card, so repeat until the balance is paid. Also, remember if you use this method you are paying with gift cards so you would not get the usual credit card protections, but when you are just going to resell the items it usually doesn’t matter.
Here is a link to my earlier Mileage PlusX writeup. Note that when it launched, Mileage Plus X claimed it would keep the original card’s category bonus. That was not my experience when I tried with an Ink Bold. If that worked for you, please let me know.

Continue reading...