6-8-15 Portal Bonuses, 21%+ off Groupon, An Office Depot Flash sale that doesn’t suck too...

BigHabitat

Level 2 Member

A few decent portal bonuses:

• Sears 10% Discover Deals
  • Sears 6x American Airlines or Alaska Portals
  • Groupon 6x from American Airlines portal
  • Kmart 10% Discover Deals or 6x AA
  • Kohls 6x AA or SW portals
Groupon 10% coupon leads to 21%+ off at groupon

Use code EPIC3 for 10% off up to 3 goods items. Good today and tomorrow (6/9).

Lever this deal deal up:

• Go through a portal to Staples.com
  • Buy groupon egift cards with your Chase Ink to get 5x Ultimate rewards points
  • When the cards come, load them to your groupon account
  • Now go through the advantage portal to get 6x AA points
  • Look for things to buy (e.g., electronics, video games, computers/tablets)
  • Now apply the 10% EPIC 3 coupon
  • Total, 11x+ miles plus 10% off
You could juice that more by buying the gift cards at a supermarket with a 5% back card and getting fuel points as well.

Anyone in Southeast Michigan need a new 40″ or 55″ TV?

I don’t normally like to resell big items like TVs, but in this case one was a really awesome deal and one a little screw up, so hopefully they will cancel each other out.

I bought this nice Sony 40″ Bravia TV from Dell thinking that the economics were ok buying for $478+tax with a $125 epromo card thrown in. It sells for $438 new on Amazon (or $438+tax at BestBuy). Unfortunately, I while I’m pretty sure I checked if I could sell as new I made the rookie mistake of not adding it to my inventory. Now I can only list as Used – Like New, so I would probably only get around $400 less Amazon fees and shipping to Amazon. Now I should still be ok even if I sent it to Amazon, with the Dell epromo card and $47.80 in Discover portal cash, but what the heck, if anyone in the area needs this nice TV I think $375 would be a pretty fair price.

Not big enough for you?

OK, I also picked up a 55″ RCA 1080 TV from Sears. This is selling for $599 plus tax. I used my VIP Choice platinum benefit to get 75% back in points. Plus I used a $20 in points coupon so net points were around $487. Then I went through Discover Deals to buy it so that should be $60 cash back. If you are a Platinum VIP Choice member, you could do the same thing (I don’t mind… really). Or if you are not a Platinum member, or just don’t want to deal with trying to spend down Shop Your Way points or praying Discover cashback will post, you can get this fine TV for $375 as well. That’s still a pretty sweet deal. If interested just let me know, otherwise this one’s going on Craigslist.

An OfficeDepotMax Flash Sale that Doesn’t Completely Suck?

In the past, I haven’t been a huge fan of Office Depot, or their flash sales (see examples here or here).

But they have one going on now and I actually found something worth buying (hint, rhymes with “Lexus Line”). Now they seem to be playing with the inventory a little by releasing stock for this item a few at a time, so YMMV. I actually saw some other items I might buy as well. I’m as shocked as you..

Amex $30 off $100 at Target or Walmart Sync Deal

Check your Amex account to see if you have the offer. I had it on all personal cards.

Simply fantastic. One of the most generous deals percentage wise on stores with decent pricing and gift cards. You would have had me at $5 off $50. And the fact you can repeat it 5 times per enrolled card. Absolutely brilliant. Somehow I don’t think Marketing consulted with the Finance guys on this one; I may need to add this one to my recent post.

Continue reading...