5k MR for enrolling in Extended Payment Option

Maverick17

Level 2 Member
Just got an email offer tonight. If I'm reading it right, only have to enroll, don't have to use the option. Anyone get this and see downside to enrolling and not using the card (and incurring interest charges)?

Maverick17

Level 2 Member
That could be it. They mention "credit record at time of request" in the T&C for enrollment eligibility. I don't know if that is the usual wording for a hard pull or not.

TNg

Level 2 Member
I did this about a month ago. I did NOT see any credit check (hard or soft pull) in any of my CR.
YMMV :)

TNg

Level 2 Member
I got mine when I logged into my online account and it was shown at the top of the page as an offer. Also I got a letter in the mail later for the same offer. So it could be a targeted offer?

fordman85

I decided to just Google this to see what I could find, and found some links posted to the program/bonus. Unfortunately the only charge card I have from Amex is the Zync Card, and it does not qualify. I can never justify getting any of the charge cards as the majority of the rewards they offer really don't interest me. Gave it a shot though.

fr33b13

Silver Member
I signed up when I was given the offer last year. I have not seen any negative impacts since signing up. The bill gets a little harder to read, but I assume all of us are paying it in full anyway. The extra points came in handy for the current BA bonus.

FYI - I was offered 10K MR so if you're not in a rush for MR points, you could wait to see if you can get 10k

VRHunter

Level 2 Member
A couple data points:

I called and asked about this on my AmEx Biz Gold. CSR said I was eligible for 10K MRs for enrolling!
Before proceeding she asked for my annual income. It started to sound like a hard pull, but after some Googling it sounded as if it wasn't so I proceeded.
I opened the account last July, met the $10K min spend and haven't used it much since. The new 3X [selectable] at gas stations is nice though.
I didn't see a hard pull come through for this.

My wife has both the personal PRG and Plat charge cards.
I chatted accounts on those trying to shake the same offer loose. No luck even confirming whether she was eligible via chat. Agent said I have to call.

Also, about a year ago I enrolled my personal PRG and Plat cards in this through some links I found online.
I was indeed enrolled but the bonus never came through and I didn't have much of a leg to stand on because I didn't have any email confirmed I was eligible.

Bottom line: I never got an email offer about this nor did I see it available when logging into my account.
So give them a call and check whether your personal PRG/Plat or Biz Gold/Plat accounts are eligible.

VRHunter

Level 2 Member
I *think* I've figured out a way to check online whether you're cards are targeted for this promo.

On my eligible account I saw this pop up after performing an online payment to the card:
a1.png

On my wife's ineligible account I saw this instead:
a2.png

You can do an online payment for like $1 even if you don't have a balance.

I found out my wife's account was ineligible after calling and having her authorize me to speak on her behalf. (that's where I drew this conclusion from)
But if you want to avoid that, this might provide a way to check online since Chat agents don't seem to be able to check this.