5 nights for sister's family

El Ingeniero

Level 2 Member
Because I am not able to travel theis Xmas, I have been MSing to bring my family here. My mom can afford to come on her own dime, my aunt is a retired orthodontist so she can pay for herself, but my sisters family is another issue.

I just MSed enough SkyPesos to get them here on Delta, but now I need lodging for them: 2 adults, 2 kids just shy of teenage years.

There's a slew of Hilton family hotels nearby, and I will be a Hilton Diamond when I book. So that's where I'm looking first.

My question is, can I get them upgraded based on my status?

If so there's a Hampton Inn with a double queen suite with a sofabed I can put them up at, along with free breakfast and internet, which would be a huge deal.

smittytabb

Staff member
Because I am not able to travel theis Xmas, I have been MSing to bring my family here. My mom can afford to come on her own dime, my aunt is a retired orthodontist so she can pay for herself, but my sisters family is another issue.

I just MSed enough SkyPesos to get them here on Delta, but now I need lodging for them: 2 adults, 2 kids just shy of teenage years.

There's a slew of Hilton family hotels nearby, and I will be a Hilton Diamond when I book. So that's where I'm looking first.

My question is, can I get them upgraded based on my status?

If so there's a Hampton Inn with a double queen suite with a sofabed I can put them up at, along with free breakfast and internet, which would be a huge deal.
Make the reservation in your name. Show up at check in and check them in and deal with the upgrade as you normally would for yourself.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Make the reservation in your name. Show up at check in and check them in and deal with the upgrade as you normally would for yourself.
Yep, I always check in with my mother when she comes to town so she gets the perks.. though last time we got them, including upgrades when we booked with the wife's points. My tactic is to book in the name of the points owner (as they have the status) and then add names to the reservation.

smittytabb

Staff member
Yep, I always check in with my mother when she comes to town so she gets the perks.. though last time we got them, including upgrades when we booked with the wife's points. My tactic is to book in the name of the points owner (as they have the status) and then add names to the reservation.
Yes, adding their names is important too. Oh, and show up for breakfast too and enjoy the freebie if you can:)

El Ingeniero

Level 2 Member
Yes, adding their names is important too. Oh, and show up for breakfast too and enjoy the freebie if you can:)
That would be 5 names on the reservation. Might that not be too many?

Not sure about the breakfast part ... I will have DW and mom and aunt to take care of in the house.

El Ingeniero

Level 2 Member
Anyways, there are 2 main possibilities: A Doubletree at 16K/night, and a slew of all suite hotels running 24K/night. I like the latter, since there is a recently renovated Hampton Inns with a possible upgrade to a double queen suite with a rollaway sofa bed, although the breakfast won't be as nice as the Embassy Suites.

El Ingeniero

Level 2 Member
I'm not sure if there is a limit, but if you put an elite as one of them then the chances of elite status carrying through them all is higher.
Did the search for a booking with 3 adults and 2 children in 1 room. The Hampton came up at 24K/night. Saw that some places were sold out for my dates. Should I wait for Diamond status to kick in in August?

smittytabb

Staff member
Did the search for a booking with 3 adults and 2 children in 1 room. The Hampton came up at 24K/night. Saw that some places were sold out for my dates. Should I wait for Diamond status to kick in in August?
Just substitute yourself for one of the adults. Five is a lot. Four is likely more easy to accommodate and you aren't staying in the room anyway. Not sure I would wait. Book something and keep checking back.

Peridot83

Level 2 Member
My husband is a diamond but I traveled without him last Feb. It was myself, my mom, and 2 kids. My husbands name was on the reservation, and I was on there as the additional guest. I just checked in only mentioning my name, and was given diamond breakfast at an airport doubletree. At the Homewood Suites we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite. But I think the best status perk was when we checked in at 11PM and I asked where I could go close by to pick up some milk to keep in the fridge. The guy at the front desk said they sold cartons of milk in their gift shop, but would give it to me free since I was a diamond :)

El Ingeniero

Level 2 Member
Went to book at the Hampton Inn, and no double queen rooms left. Made do with an Embassy Suites. Hmm. I see a Homewood with double king bed suites. And 2 baths. But the place looks tired.

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
Your name and your sister's. Not the entire family, although I think you knew that.

South suburbs? If you are willing to go north a bit, there are some nice places along 35W, just north of the 35W/36 junction.

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
Well, most of the chains on the south end were built in the 70's and 80's. These were built in the 90's and 00's. So the gps might be worth it.