Dismiss Notice
Welcome to The Forum. Please register here, to join the conversation. It only takes a moment!

5/24 rule for chase business cards

Discussion in 'Chase Ultimate Rewards' started by JD101, Feb 6, 2018.

1. JD101

JD101 Level 2 Member

Is 5/24 rule applicable to chase business cards?

2. labboypro

labboypro Chief Factotum

Read this

Code:
    https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-524-rule-explained-detail-need-know/

3. projectx

projectx Level 2 Member

Depends on the issuing bank of the business card, but generally no. For example, Chase's own biz cards do not count against 5/24, but Cap1 biz cards show on your personal report, and therefore do count toward 5/24.

4. mec

mec Silver Member

It applies to the Ink cards, the United cards and the Southwest card but not the Marriott card.

5. JD101

JD101 Level 2 Member

Chase Visa Signature Card (Business) was declined citing too many credit cards opened in last 2 years. I asked the rep how many and he said 8. Apparently they look at personal cards when approving for Business cards.

6. mec

mec Silver Member

They look at the credit report. Any revolving account within the last 24 months gets counted.

7. GettingReady

GettingReady Level 2 Member

To clarify the above, all credit cards count for 5/24 unless it’s a business card that does not show up on your personal credit report.

However, there are certain Chase Business cards that you can get like Southwest, CIP, and United that don’t take up a slot. Theoretically if you had five Chase business cards you would be 0/24 and you could get five personal Chase cards.

8. calvarado58

calvarado58 New Member

Does people here use a tool (such excel) to track open CC within 24 months of you check your credit report often?

9. El Ingeniero

El Ingeniero Level 2 Member

Code:
    CreditKarma.com

10. calvarado58

calvarado58 New Member

Gracias Ingeniero. I am also an engineer. :) I have a creditKarma account but don't go there often. Thanks a lot.

11. projectx

projectx Level 2 Member

I also keep a spreadsheet. I find it easier to track all cards opening date, closing date, date the bonus posted, annual fees, etc. I keep separate pages for my cards and my wife's in chronological order.

12. calvarado58

calvarado58 New Member

Thanks a lot. I will work on populating an excel file with my cc.

13. El Ingeniero

El Ingeniero Level 2 Member

El Ingeniero is also a famous tango by Carlos DiSarli's orchestra. Not my favorite, but I thought it fit me for a moniker.