$4 short for bonus!

Hanoi IG

Level 2 Member
My wife and I got Bank of America Alaska Airlines VISA. I got my bonus. When she didn't I called them and they said she was $30 short. I charged $30 but she actually needed $34! We were out of the country and I kept tweeting and calling but by the time they got back to me the 3 months had gone! They pretended to look into it but said nothing they could do!

Any advice or just give up and cancel the card? B of A can't be contacted by email, just phone or Twitter. They are goofy anyway as if you pay before the date of autopay, they take the payment a second time!

Hanoi IG

Level 2 Member
A mistake. Put something on the wrong card(mine) We are out of the country so much and never have the card with us. Dumb, I know but when I called them it seemed we were OK

Hanaleiradio

Level 2 Member
Tell them what happened with all of the travel, and then beg for mercy. Maybe embellish the need for so much travel with human interest stuff that made you distracted (sick relatives, etc.) Keep calling, at different shift times, until you get a supervisor who will take pity on you.

zceuxbhjutf

Panel 3 Member
Bonus points if your relative contracted some terrible new disease you just made up. If that doesn't work HUCA with the old standby: I had to drop everything and fly to New York to talk Anthony Weiner off the ledge...

heavenlyjane

Level 2 Member
I overspend by a bit just to play it safe. If the stakes are high, I will call before the deadline and ask someone to confirm that I've met the challenge.

Anyone who has been at this hobby long enough has made painful mistakes, myself included. Learn and move on.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I agree. You've got no 'right' per se, but you've got the potential to try anything you want. This applies to pretty much anything. Give it a shot.

Hanoi IG

Level 2 Member
I agree. You've got no 'right' per se, but you've got the potential to try anything you want. This applies to pretty much anything. Give it a shot.
I know. We travel so much and I đid call and ask but their service is not very good and there was confusion as to amount though not their job to count up. what happened was I couldnt figure out if autopay was working, so I paid, then they took out the same $ again! No other card does this. If I pay early it is counted as the payment.

Also no way to email B of A so I couldn't put the query properly as phone personnnel are not great.

Craig

Level 2 Member
E
I know. We travel so much and I đid call and ask but their service is not very good and there was confusion as to amount though not their job to count up. what happened was I couldnt figure out if autopay was working, so I paid, then they took out the same $ again! No other card does this. If I pay early it is counted as the payment.

Also no way to email B of A so I couldn't put the query properly as phone personnnel are not great.
Keep escalating to supervisors and HUCA. I have actually found BoA supervisors to be pretty good in situations like this.

Walmero

Level 2 Member
Couple of scrapes (my fault/MS) on banking side and BofA came through like a champ. One took a LOT of pushing, other they seemed happy to help.

Hanoi IG

Level 2 Member
Called B of A yet again in my inside voice and asked to speak to a supervisor then got to explain my plight to the associate. She acted sympathetic and understanding and said she will expedite it to a supervisor with possibilities of extending our time or just giving us the bonus. Better than the Twitter crowd.

Boy B of A is the most difficult though. Can only talk by phone, no emails or other contacts. Also, I had all of our cards autopaying in full then they screwed it up so we were actually late on a 6$ balance that I charged just to keep our oldest card active! The guy said he was removing the charge and not calling us late but we shall have to see.

ALso to have card pay itself from checking you have to go to a separate website and fill out a form. Geez!

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
BoA is NOT my favorite bank, for many reasons. But, hey, they bumped my AS miles by a healthy amount, so some (not all) is forgiven.